Thread: Need some dims for Oneida V-3000

Need some dims for Oneida V-3000

I'm looking for someone who has an Oneida V-3000 - the new model with the molded static conductive resin.

I'm considering an Oneida V-3000 for my shop which is currently in renovation mode. The spot where I want to put it is very tight, so I need to get an exact dimension as shown by the red arrow in the picture below. A bit irritating, but I can't get this from Oneida. I even tried to entice them into giving me some good dimensions as I wanted to do a Sketchup drawing of this unit that I'd post on the 3D warehouse, but apparently that didn't cut anything with them. In contrast I got a quote on a blower from Cincinnati Fan yesterday (another option I'm looking at) and they sent me engineering drawings without batting an eye.

Anyway, enough of the rant. If anyone has one of these, I'd really appreciate your doing a little tape-measuring for me. If you can provide any additional dimensions other than what they show on their site, I'd appreciate that too, but the dimension shown below (the max diameter of the blower housing perpendicular to the discharge) is the one critical piece I don't have.

Thanks.

V-3000_Top_View.png
    --Steve--
    Support The Creek - click here

Blog Entries
    I have a V5000, which uses the same cyclone, but can't give you the dimension right now cause it's at home & I'm at work (supposed to be working). I have a tight space for mine & had to make an angled spacer where the filter elbow attaches to the cyclone so the cyclone could fit tight to the wall. I'll try to remember to measure it tonight.

I have the V3000, molded resin. That's a bit difficult to measure with the motor in the center but across the top it looks like 25.75" to me. I'd plan on 26" to be safe. By the way, I'd recommend against the fiber barrel, mine collapsed like a crushed beer can. Since it's outside, well covered under a 12' roof and tucked in a corner but still outside, that could have been predicted. Still ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hyde View Post
    I have the V3000, molded resin. That's a bit difficult to measure with the motor in the center but across the top it looks like 25.75" to me. I'd plan on 26" to be safe. By the way, I'd recommend against the fiber barrel, mine collapsed like a crushed beer can. Since it's outside, well covered under a 12' roof and tucked in a corner but still outside, that could have been predicted. Still ...
    Thanks, Tom - and thanks for the advice re the fiber barrel.

That dimension tells me what I need to know. I have a nook formed between a cinder block structure (the back of a basement fireplace) and the I-beam that runs down the ceiling of the shop, and my Sketchup drawing says that is only 23 1/2", so that V-3000 isn't going to fit in that space. I can't actually get to that spot right now as I have to do some demolition work to remove an existing closet in that space, so I may hold of until I can physically get to it and put the ol' tape measure up there. Going by your 26" recommendation, I'm 2 1/2" short, but there could be that much error in my drawing which makes an inference from other measurements.

I've developed an abiding hatred of these guys in my woodworking club that can afford to construct purpose-built outbuildings for their shops. You don't see any of THEM trying to "squeeze" anything in!!

Thanks for taking the time to measure that for me.
    --Steve--

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    I have a V5000, which uses the same cyclone, but can't give you the dimension right now cause it's at home & I'm at work (supposed to be working). I have a tight space for mine & had to make an angled spacer where the filter elbow attaches to the cyclone so the cyclone could fit tight to the wall. I'll try to remember to measure it tonight.
    Thanks, Frank, but I think Tom has me covered on the dimension. Good idea on that spacer. In my case, the filter elbow will extend out into the room (parallel to the inlet on the cyclone) and thus clear that cinder block obstruction I mention in my reply to Tom, so that problem kinda solves itelf.
    --Steve--

Blog Entries
    Glad Tom could help. Just got home myself.