Thread: Replacement Filter Media for Grizzly G0441 Cyclone?

Replacement Filter Media for Grizzly G0441 Cyclone?

I need to replace the filter in the unit I just bought - the previous owner had the DC installed on a different floor from his shop and as far as I can tell, he never bothered to use the built-in cleaning mechanism on the filter - I shook and blew out about 4 or 5 lbs (yes, pounds) of fine dust and then spent over an hour with the garden hose rinsing out the rest that was caught between the pleats. He apparently use the DC primarily to catch dust from his drum sander - and it seems he used that sander a lot.

It makes no sense to me, but Grizzly only sells an the entire "filter canister" set as a "replacement" for the G0441 - that set includes the pleated filter plus the housing, brush, etc. -- but only the pleated filter needs to be replaced; the other parts don't wear out. They suggested that I would have to find a different source if I want just the pleated filter.

So I contacted Wynn Environmental, was told they don't currently have a filter for the G0441 but may be working on one in the future.

The filter measured 39-1/2" tall (not including the foam seals at both ends) and about 19" diameter.

Can anyone suggest an online source that might have a suitable replacement?

Oneida has an 18"x 39" filter; http://www.oneida-air.com/inventoryD.asp?item_no=FCS183900&CatId={4E3492E2-FDA2-470D-A725-CFD615650270}