Thread: Meshcam users.

Meshcam users.

Anybody using meshcam for the cut SW. I'm using part works on a beefed up Shopbot and can machine aluminum with no problems other than the tool paths. When I look at some other machining SW the cuts are far more optimized for metal and I can't get PW to do that without changing the actual file considerably.

image.jpeg
    355 - 10400 : )

I've been using MeshCAM since the very first beta, many years ago.

What types of toolpaths are giving you problems?

When you say you'd need to change the file, do you mean change the toolpaths, or the vectors themselves?

While many people use MeshCAM as an all purpose CAM package, it was designed as a 3D mesh machining package. While it can be used for 2D work, I personally would recommend a strictly 2D package for 2D work. You'll have more control.
    I would think that Partworks (V Carve Pro, right?) would give you all the control you need.
    If the vectors are the problem, I'm a strong believer in having a high quality vector drawing to start with. Draw things the way they need to be drawn to get the toolpaths that you want.
    Gerry

JointCAM

No the vectors are fine just toolpath optimization, I can't lay my hands on the links right now but I've been watching some German CNC router work and the efficiency is stunning. Yes it's essentially v carve that I'm using and it works perfectly in wood but as I say I've just been thinking, I wish it wouldn't do this or that when I'm cutting metal. To clarify, if I really need/want to I go into the file and edit the lifts/moves etc, but not my fave thing to do.
    Last edited by Neville Stewart; 12-12-2015 at 1:17 PM.
    355 - 10400 : )