Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Images from illustrator to RDWorks v8

1. So I guess the process number is the priority that differentiates machine processing order within a given layer? That is odd to me why putting the image on a layer above or below the other items didn't make it move. I can't remember if the layers were the same color though with one cut items and one scan items though. It seems like rdworks MAY have a correlation between the visible draw order and the machine processing order. I found that out by accident when one image showed behind the text with a process No of 1 .
    80W EFR ZS1250 RF7050 RDWorks 8.1.19 Windows 7

for grayscale. photoshop>image>mode>convert to bitmap (same dpi for same size) then save as BMP (gold method is better)
    for Vector paths Photoshop > File > export paths to illustrator > choose the file where you want it to be saved.

RD Import > choose file.

Try putting and "A" in front of the folders you use so they are at the top of the stack when you are importing. instead of "bob's picts" try "A bob's picts"
    shenhui 900x1200 dual tubes 150 & 60

If you want to include both vectors and bit maps from the same photoshop file they both must have the same 4 corners. to do that put a tiny vector object in each or the 4 corners so that the resulting file will be the same exact size as the bitmap.

in photoshop you can turn on and off layers and use the save as command to export aligned layers. Save as for the bitmap then export vectors to illustrator for the vectors.
    shenhui 900x1200 dual tubes 150 & 60