Thread: Clamp storage drawers

Clamp storage drawers

Over the years the clamps accumulated from garage sales have found their way to several disorganized areas of the shop. I had clamps that I forgot about because they were buried under other things.

The shop has more shelf space than available wall space and I like a clean, organized shop. I decided to use some of scrap plywood and extra sheets of pegboard to make two clamp drawers. Just about maxed-out the full extension drawer glides!

Each Drawer is 24" deep x 40" wide x 7.5" deep.

IMG_1992.JPGIMG_1993.JPGIMG_1995.JPG
    Sorry my message is so long, I didn't have time to write a short one.

I love it.

I envy people with lots of empty wall space. And extra floor space, as long as I am admitting my covetous nature.
    Doug, the "Wood Loon"
    Acton, MA

72, slow road cyclist, woodworking dabbler, tool junkie , and
    bonsai enthusiast.
    Now, if I could just stay focused longer than a few weeks...

Blog Entries
    I have several deep drawers on full extension slides. All eventually get full and can't even see whats in the bottom. This will help for awhile but as time goes on and the drawers get fill with other things it will become an issue. I have about a 125 F-style clamps that I use on a regular basis. I found a good 40 store best on the ends of the bench. This way they are accessible yet out of the way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wall space? What is that?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I guess that garage door isn't opening anytime soon. Is the knee mill on a mobile base?

Blog Entries
    Wish I could use those bessey clamps. But I'd use em and destroy em. Bought about 40 back when SEARS was eliminating there stock. Took them all back but four. Good for dovetail drawers. About it...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg R Bradley View Post
    I guess that garage door isn't opening anytime soon. Is the knee mill on a mobile base?
    lol, no mobile base. It would take two men and a boy to get it moving
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by jack duren View Post
    I have several deep drawers on full extension slides. All eventually get full and can't even see whats in the bottom. This will help for awhile but as time goes on and the drawers get fill with other things it will become an issue. I have about a 125 F-style clamps that I use on a regular basis. I found a good 40 store best on the ends of the bench. This way they are accessible yet out of the way.

Thats a good way to store the clamps you use most often.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Wall space? What is that?
    Great idea for those who only use the door on rare occasion.