Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I will be reviled, but I was largely disappointed in the new Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    My daughter will be seeing things in chronological order unlike most of us. Cool cool cool all around!! I get to explain things to her.
    Please tell me you mean you'll be showing them to her in the order they were released. Watching episodes 1-3 before watching 4-6 ruins one of the best parts of Empire.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by George Werner View Post
    Please tell me you mean you'll be showing them to her in the order they were released. Watching episodes 1-3 before watching 4-6 ruins one of the best parts of Empire.
    Chris,
    I totally agree with George. If she sees 1-3 first she will probably tell you to not bother with the rest. Compared to 4-6, (or any movie for that matter) 1-3 are terrible. Plus, just seeing 4-6 leads perfectly into episode 7. Thankfully Jar-Jar is not mentioned even once in episode 7. (Hope that wasn't a spoiler!) I went to see it last night (Monday) and it was awesome!
    BTW: The theater was only about 2/3 occupied and the lines were pretty short. There are 8 theaters in the complex I went to, and they were showing Star Wars in 4 of them.
    Last edited by Larry Browning; 12-22-2015 at 5:08 PM.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

My wife was in a similar boat. We did a marathon of the "good three" movies, before seeing the new one. Last night, we did watch the last of the "bad three". IMO,the least bad of them but important because it does explain quite a bit of the subsequent story line. The first of the Bad Three should be avoided at all costs.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Blog Entries
    My 2 granddaughters (sisters ages 12 and 14, and both WAY too pretty for Daddy to sleep well at night) had not seen any of the Star Wars movies. Last weekend the 12yo stayed with us on Saturday and we watched episodes 4-6 with her. The 14yo has a boyfriend who is a Stars Wars fanatic. So, when he came over to their house one afternoon and he found out that the 12yo had seen 4-6, he spent all his time talking to her, rather than to the 14yo. Of course the 12yo loved it! But, let me tell you, big sister was none too happy with little sis. I am afraid this may just be the beginning. Man! It really is a lot more fun being grandpa instead of daddy!
    Last edited by Larry Browning; 12-22-2015 at 5:56 PM.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I enjoyed it but I wasn't as thrilled over this one as I was the others.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    My wife was in a similar boat. We did a marathon of the "good three" movies, before seeing the new one. Last night, we did watch the last of the "bad three". IMO,the least bad of them but important because it does explain quite a bit of the subsequent story line. The first of the Bad Three should be avoided at all costs.

Erik
    Luckily, you can completely ignore the first two prequels and not miss a thing, which is a good thing because they are just awful films in every conceivable way. The third isn't very good, but at least you can get through it without seeing the first two.

Sorry...we are reviewing them in order. She was already familiar with all the best parts and who is who so no big deal to see them in chronological order. She has just never sat down and watched them all. We just finished IV last night. Tonight will be, arguably, the best one: V.

Also, I'm not sure why folks like to rip so hard on I-III. They are important to the story line but I enjoyed them as much as IV-VI. It was wonderful to see Yoda move around so much. He just couldn't do much sitting on Frank Oz's arm, ya know! But, each to their own.
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 12-23-2015 at 1:25 PM.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Just got back from seeing VII with the family. Loved it! It was awesome to see the 'old crew' (yeah, they are old indeed! LOL) back again fighting evil. Looking forward to more!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Family just returned from watching Star Wars Episode VII and most want to watch more of the older shows tonight. I'd say that's a pretty good endorsement. I think we all enjoyed it but I'd rather give it a little time before going back to watch the older episodes.

Just got back from it also. It was awesome!

Just printed my tickets for tomorrow night. Tonight and most of tomorrow were already sold out.
    Gerry

JointCAM

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/geor...un-1201667540/
    wrote the first episode of star trek
    ron