Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162

Thread: Glowforge release

Bill, the good news is the one on the right only took 1 hour and 3 minutes to run. Not kidding, that's what it took. Obviously there's something going on wrong, but I'm not sure I'd let any machine run 1 hour and 3 minutes on something like that before stopping it and trying to figure out the problem.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Universal PLS4.60 with Rotary Attachment
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer,
    Ricoh Dye Sublimation Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Hes better heavy on the materials supply side. Hasn't come out and said only his proof grade will work, but I see it coming...no one with any brains will purchase the company.... But that really doesn't mean anything anymore.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser
    Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws

RIA 22TCM 1911s

The people who founded the company are successful in other ventures but they were mislead on the Glow Forge.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa: Master Electrician, HVAC commercial, Hobby metal Fab and Machine shop and more... , Ray Fine 20w Galvo Fiber laser , LightObject 40w CO2. MakerGear M2 3D Printer. Qe60+ Vinyl cutter.

Gentlemen,

I should remind all of you that you are legally responsible for any comment you make here. Make sure you can prove any statement you make that is detrimental towards a person, company or product. Its very difficult to prove a statement that condemns any product as being JUNK.

Be careful....

The latest GF forum posting has complaints that the machine will not even start to work unless its around 75 degrees in the room or below. Over 80 nothing happens. So the advice is use a window A/C unit to blow directly on the unit.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa: Master Electrician, HVAC commercial, Hobby metal Fab and Machine shop and more... , Ray Fine 20w Galvo Fiber laser , LightObject 40w CO2. MakerGear M2 3D Printer. Qe60+ Vinyl cutter.