Page 65 of 118 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast

Thread: Glowforge release

Blog Entries
    Wow, I went reading a bit on the gf site, the company claims they are shipping day 9 orders. No one it appears past day 2( several hundred orders, )has received machine. Only a few pro machines have shipped and a bunch of folks are getting really upset. The kookaid is getting rancid. And I avent even read any of the issues....
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

It's a real mess, isn't it? Reading their forums will make your head explode. I was reading a recent one and the person said they had a file that was 40k and it wouldn't engrave. They were told that they need to "split" the image and then reassemble the 2 splits in something like GIMP or Inkscape. Someone posted that the image wasn't 40k, it was 2MB and they implied that 2MB was too large a file to process. Seriously? It was "SUPPOSED" to be so easy, anyone could do it, now you have to "split" a jpeg into 2 files, then reassemble it in graphics software? 40k? Even if it was 2MB, splitting the jpeg? Are you serious? That's supposed to be the "Revolutionary" software update that the industry didn't want to happen?

This is insanity at best. The good news is, fall and winter are coming, so the over heating problems are going to take care of themselves, thanks to Mother Nature. Then they'll resurface in full force in the spring of 2018 when it starts getting warm outdoors.

Very sad to watch. So much of what so many people said has come true or is even worse than expected. I feel bad for all the people who spent their hard earned money for one. They could have bought a import machine and done more, in less time, and had it run all day or night, regardless of the weather.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Wait till they realise the right to cancel ends when you get your *shipping email* not when the unit is actually shipped. That mail arrives and you have to wait another 6 months through delays and you have no right to cancel it's going to get nasty.
    You did what !

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    Wow, I went reading a bit on the gf site, the company claims they are shipping day 9 orders. No one it appears past day 2( several hundred orders, )has received machine. Only a few pro machines have shipped and a bunch of folks are getting really upset. The kookaid is getting rancid. And I avent even read any of the issues....
    There are also reports of machines being shipped with known defects and cosmetic damage (issues), I have a feeling there will be a critical mass point where even those suffering from cognitive dissonance will see the light and start kicking off
    You did what !

Just to be the dumb devil's advocate -- a 64k bitmap is too large for Corel's Trace program to process. What criteria or data Corel uses to arrive at "64k" I have no clue, but maybe the GF's 40k limit is based on the same data...

Regardless, Telling buyers to split and puzzle-back together images is ridiculous. With a basic photo program, a little practice and patience, any bitmap, vector or photo can be reduced dramatically to 'fit' a GF or any other laser, and still be 'laser friendly' as to getting decent results.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

The amount of people actually defending anything that GF does (or rather doesn't) in relation to this shipping debacle is astonishing.
    G. Weike LG900N 100W RECI RDWorks V8
    Leiming LM2513FL 1kW Raycus fiber laser cutter
    Wisely 50W Raycus engraver

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    ...a 64k bitmap is too large for Corel's Trace program to process.
    Not for me. I can have Corel trace a 5MB file without issue. It does ask if I want to reduce the file size, but does not require it.
    4 - Q1 converted New Hermes C2000's
    Signature 8080 Plus
    Universal 50w X2-600
    Universal 60w X-660
    Epilog 60w Fusion 40
    50w 5070 China Special

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Henriksen View Post
    The amount of people actually defending anything that GF does (or rather doesn't) in relation to this shipping debacle is astonishing.
    Your reading the same stuff as me Mike...astounding isn't it
    You did what !

It's beyond CD - it's like listening to the brainwashed members of a cult. Shipping is when you hand things over to the carrier - not when you send an emails saying you are going to ship. Biggest load of BS I have heard in a long time and I can't belive there are people defending it. Shocking.
    G. Weike LG900N 100W RECI RDWorks V8
    Leiming LM2513FL 1kW Raycus fiber laser cutter
    Wisely 50W Raycus engraver

And then they are saying that it will be up to 6 weeks before you get it after you reply and they may be scratch and dent units.

they defend it because they sent 2 3 4 k 2 years ago and no matter how bad it gets they refuse to admit they made a bad mistake. Me personally I have no problem saying hey I got screwed as you all know as I did get with you all know what LOL.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Jerome, one guy was one of the first to get email and is well over the 6 weeks. Long thread on the shipping vs actually shipping. And like one guy noted, the entire wait could be classified as shipping time with the new definition, {which wouldn't hold up in court) if has not been given to a carrier, it isn't shipped.
    Oh, I didn't see that cancellations and refunds have stopped when it has "shipped"! And those that still defend the vaporware having never seen nor touched a machine is truly amazing to me! The gullibility of people!
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

I think DS coulds sell you a gold plated Brooklyn Bridge. The BS this guys spins is incredible
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Triumph built my 1390 from scratch, test drove it, put it and the blower & stuff on a pallet, boxed the pallet into a crate, took it to the shipyard, loaded it up on a slow boat from China, got to California, was taken off the ship, then put in a truck and hauled to SLC, where it was dropped off at a holding center, whereupon I rented a U-haul trailer and picked it up and brought it home.

And alll that took 5 weeks... and all for less than the price of two GF's.

The first thing people should engrave in one if they ever get it is a white elephant...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I think I posted this before but the sad, sad part is there are people like the veteran who had ordered one to start a business. When I told him the negatives he said, well that's all I can afford to spend. He was on the 3D printing forum I also frequent.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10