Page 62 of 118 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast

Thread: Glowforge release

Bill, the good news is the one on the right only took 1 hour and 3 minutes to run. Not kidding, that's what it took. Obviously there's something going on wrong, but I'm not sure I'd let any machine run 1 hour and 3 minutes on something like that before stopping it and trying to figure out the problem.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Blog Entries
    Hes better heavy on the materials supply side. Hasn't come out and said only his proof grade will work, but I see it coming...no one with any brains will purchase the company.... But that really doesn't mean anything anymore.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

The people who founded the company are successful in other ventures but they were mislead on the Glow Forge.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Gentlemen,

I should remind all of you that you are legally responsible for any comment you make here. Make sure you can prove any statement you make that is detrimental towards a person, company or product. Its very difficult to prove a statement that condemns any product as being JUNK.

Be careful....

The latest GF forum posting has complaints that the machine will not even start to work unless its around 75 degrees in the room or below. Over 80 nothing happens. So the advice is use a window A/C unit to blow directly on the unit.

Apparently, this is what thinking outside the box and revolutionizing the laser engraving industry looks like in action....

If that's easier and faster than anything we do now, then I must be doing something wrong. Wow....that was painful and frustrating to watch the guy struggle with the software by no fault of his own. And the speed at which it engraved? You are kidding me right?
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Apparently, this is what thinking outside the box and revolutionizing the laser engraving industry looks like in action....

If that's easier and faster than anything we do now, then I must be doing something wrong. Wow....that was painful and frustrating to watch the guy struggle with the software by no fault of his own. And the speed at which it engraved? You are kidding me right?
    They better speed that up so they can sell more of their consumables. I'm getting ADD just watching this.
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.

Blog Entries
    One little Piggy, Two Little Piggies,,,,,,,,,,
    Sorry, just had to do it!
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    ...And the speed at which it engraved? You are kidding me right?
    Well yeah, but the vector speed was, uhhh, was, uhh, uhh, ooops sorry, I must have fallen asleep. What happened? Did it finish?
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

There is no way I could watch all 34 minutes of that. OMG when are people going to wake up,.... maybe after a video or two.

But Bill, don't you remember, laser engraving and software used to run modern day lasers is just so complex and time consuming to use. People spend a lot of time creating files when they could just draw it with a marker and go. Oh wait, it's not quite that easy.....apparently you need to take your hand drawn image into the software and manipulate it until it's ready to use.....not dissimilar to a hand drawn sketch in Illustrator or CorelDraw. I laughed when the guy said something about that feature being a gimmick because it you really wanted something done well, you'd draw it properly in software Made me laugh.

I suspect this video won't be up long. GF videos seem to disappear from YouTube, mysteriously

I suspect this video won't be up long. GF videos seem to disappear from YouTube, mysteriously
    guess what...^^^^^^ video gone...no surprise there

Was talking to a guy earlier who did some cutting on his GF, the edge quality looks aweful, even on 3mm ply it's really black and burned,3mm ply cuts almost white on any of mine , I'd think they are overpowering something....oh....the story about the tubes being RECI? they aren't. they are YongLi and use a funky alcohol based coolant (similar to the stuff I use in my industrial's) it's expensive to replace and stinks when it leaks...
    You did what !

I can still watch the video.
    G. Weike LG900N 100W RECI RDWorks V8
    Leiming LM2513FL 1kW Raycus fiber laser cutter
    Wisely 50W Raycus engraver

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    guess what...^^^^^^ video gone...no surprise there

Was talking to a guy earlier who did some cutting on his GF, the edge quality looks aweful, even on 3mm ply it's really black and burned,3mm ply cuts almost white on any of mine , I'd think they are overpowering something....oh....the story about the tubes being RECI? they aren't. they are YongLi and use a funky alcohol based coolant (similar to the stuff I use in my industrial's) it's expensive to replace and stinks when it leaks...
    Here's the direct link to the video.

https://youtu.be/iFSd0Hz7O1Y

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McCoy View Post
    Here's the direct link to the video.

https://youtu.be/iFSd0Hz7O1Y
    cheers Matt and Mike
    You did what !