Page 84 of 118 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1768

Thread: Glowforge release

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    This is what I get annoyed about...a decent person with dreams that will very likely end up crushed....
    I think that to some degree you can succeed or fail with any machine. It comes down to the product. I've seen people struggle because they bought a western made machine that proved too expensive for them to be able to make a profit. However I do think you are off to a bad start if you pin your hopes on a machine that isn't fully developed and performs poorly compared to similarly priced alternatives.
    G. Weike LG900N 100W RECI RDWorks V8
    Leiming LM2513FL 1kW Raycus fiber laser cutter
    Wisely 50W Raycus engraver

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Matt - Devil's advocate: Why get annoyed at GF?

False and misleading advertising, pretty much evident if your reading the Thread.
    For example?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Henriksen View Post
    It comes down to the product.
    Product can not even be created if the machine is not there to create it. Whatever GF is sloooooowly delivering, it is only part of the dream crushing.
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.

Blog Entries
    False and misleading, it is 3d, it will be in your hands..... Pick a date, 95 percent a lie so far, pro model air filter, promised and not even developed. Size of lase area at this point, software, pick an issue....... On and on
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Kind of funny that there are so many problems last night that even Dan could not use his Glowforge

Blog Entries
    Yep, as of a few minutes ago, appears there was still issues. No one was saying 'outage" but appears system was either down or partially down. Nothing but paperweights. Just what I've been saying all along. Depend on a Wifi signal and your REALLY stupid!
    One guy saying he should have bought a Muse... Ya think? Yep!
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

John that is why I finally stopped using Fusion 360 got tired of it. Constant updates and downloaded revisions. It would be fine if your in NYC. But out here in DSL land not so much, and Fusion was not even close to what GF needs or wants to run.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Blog Entries
    If you think dsl land is bad, try satellite land..... 50gb per month d/l limit, speed is about a third of my last dsl location with a two second latent delay. Signal has to go 22236 miles to the satellite and then back down that distance. Hopefully next year I'll have a fiber system that will be way better. Then I can get a gf and it might still not work...
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    If you think dsl land is bad, try satellite land..... 50gb per month d/l limit, speed is about a third of my last dsl location with a two second latent delay. Signal has to go 22236 miles to the satellite and then back down that distance. Hopefully next year I'll have a fiber system that will be way better. Then I can get a gf and it might still not work...
    My friend in a small town had satellite and said the same thing as he could not get DSL. Finally went to a hotspot WiFi setup and uses the cell phone data. I do not have a clue as to cost or speed, but it can not be too much more than satellite. I do not think GF will be around so your worries may be unfounded!!

some peeps are asking for a stripped down interface to run directly off their computers. I see there is a poll on how much to charge for to allow someone to use their Glowforge and see peeps are all over the board on this as high as $200 an hour but they are not taking into account of the long rendering and long run times. I see some say it took 3 hours to get a design downloaded to their machine and then long run times for stuff that should take just a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    some peeps are asking for a stripped down interface to run directly off their computers. I see there is a poll on how much to charge for to allow someone to use their Glowforge and see peeps are all over the board on this as high as $200 an hour but they are not taking into account of the long rendering and long run times. I see some say it took 3 hours to get a design downloaded to their machine and then long run times for stuff that should take just a few minutes.
    Can you pass along where to find this discussion? PM is fine.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McCoy View Post
    Can you pass along where to find this discussion? PM is fine.

Thanks.

I's on their forum under problems and everything else

Found with a Google Matt your not trying hard enough....> https://community.glowforge.com/t/re...-offline/13894

And another > https://community.glowforge.com/t/re...n-issues/13807

Yet again on the reason why the Cloud is better, it saves all the computing time and waiting time!!! LOL > https://community.glowforge.com/t/ca...connection/701

Seems as people report issues the Threads are closed after some discussion as soon as the Moderator finds it.
    Last edited by Bill George; 11-03-2017 at 1:08 PM.

Seems as people report issues the Threads are closed after some discussion as soon as the Moderator finds it.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that also no real CS as to how to fix problems unless it comes from other members. I did see one person post this for how much to charge

$5 per minute of print cut, score, engrave. round up the time
    $5 per 3"x 3" medium ply
    $6 per 3" x 3" medium hardwood
    example project:
    3"x 3" medium hardwood = $6
    2.5 minutes = $12.50
    total = $18.50

I would like to start selling plywood for that $2500 a sheet. And how fast can you engrave with a Glowforge no where near as fast a a Speedy 300

Sure has a lot of problems for something that was supposed to be as easy to use as a normal printer.......
    What have they been doing these past two years - waiting to earn interest on the money they raked in? I can't believe the software isn't sorted out yet.
    G. Weike LG900N 100W RECI RDWorks V8
    Leiming LM2513FL 1kW Raycus fiber laser cutter
    Wisely 50W Raycus engraver