Page 18 of 118 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: Glowforge release

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    What fun is that?
    I suppose a tiny windshield wiper could be an option.

Most of the bigger industrials have a gas supply to the optics where exposed to keep them free of detritus. It's possible GF could do the same but with air, that said the air would have to be very clean or would become a source of contamination itself.

Sealed path optics in bigger lasers isn't at all unusual, I'm not saying GF have done it, just that it is very possible and has been done before.
    You did what !

Oh so no GF owner will ever have to learn any corel or any other software Right! tell me more.
    Ya all know its not so much the laser itself and this has been said a 1000 times ITS ALL THE LIES BEING TOLD ON THE WEBSITE THATS GETTING US ALL BENT OUT OF SHAPE. THE FALSE ADVERTISING IS WHAT TICKS ME OFF SO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY IN DEFENSE OF THE GF WE ALL CAN REBUTT IT. I'm not going to go and make a list of all they been printed here since day one you know then I know then and everybody on this forum knows them.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McCoy View Post
    Bert: The sum of all the parts to make a desired end-result, quickly and easily, should be considered. Whether it is your troubles with Corel, Laser Cut, the mechanical operation of the machine, maintenance, user error, etc. The intention of the GF is to create an easier entry into creating things with a laser without a steep learning curve and the tinkering.

See below: Lee understands the purpose of this design choice.

I think you understand the intent.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 05-02-2016 at 8:25 PM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I run air assist all the time and my lens rarely needs cleaning. But back to what Lee was saying about the target audience. Right on Lee I can see it now , the target audience in here by the 1000's asking why their GF's arn't cutting anymore. Will they be able to clean the optic's cover or the dirty mirrors, or fix a loose belt when they start to slip.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    Most of the bigger industrials have a gas supply to the optics where exposed to keep them free of detritus. It's possible GF could do the same but with air, that said the air would have to be very clean or would become a source of contamination itself.

Sealed path optics in bigger lasers isn't at all unusual, I'm not saying GF have done it, just that it is very possible and has been done before.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Oh so no GF owner will ever have to learn any corel or any other software Right!
    Well, you kind of just made that up. This was never said.

Although I'm not exactly sure what you're saying here. If you mean that I have posted something that is not true, I would settle for just one example. I'm also not sure why you're ticked off. Perhaps you're disappointed that the Glowforge you purchased has been delayed 6 months.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 05-02-2016 at 8:27 PM.

Oh so no GF owner will ever have to learn any corel or any other software Right! tell me more.
    Ya all know its not so much the laser itself and this has been said a 1000 times ITS ALL THE LIES BEING TOLD ON THE WEBSITE THATS GETTING US ALL BENT OUT OF SHAPE. THE FALSE ADVERTISING IS WHAT TICKS ME OFF SO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY IN DEFENSE OF THE GF WE ALL CAN REBUTT IT BECAUSE ITS A LIE. I'm not going to go and make a list of all the lies they been printed here since day one you know then I know then and everybody on this forum knows them.
    But since we are not part of the target audience, our knowledge/experience/opinions are useless.

It must be true, I read it right here on the interwebs.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Blog Entries
    Ohhhhhh we know Bert! We know! You ordered at least one, if not two as soon as they allowed pre-orders. Now you are sweating out their production process!!! To paraphrase Lady Gertrude in Hamlet, "Bert doth protest too much, methinks!" <very wicked, teasing grin>
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

[/COLOR]
    were did you ever get the idea that I would be stupid enough to buy a glowforge
    You mean you didn't buy a Basic and a Pro just to whine about them on the internet for years?

BTW, I don't think you're stupid.

I don't like their marketing, I don't think the machine will perform everything claimed with any degree of reliability but the basics of what they are doing is pretty much run of the mill stuff for lasers these days.
    What I hope it will do is generate more interest from other companies looking to up their game when it comes to new ideas and adding new features after all not much to nothing has really changed in this industry for many years.....more power and a little more availability of wavelengths but not really much else. Galvo's and Gantry machines have been around for decades and the methodology of how a laser does what it does is all pretty much the same.

I think there is likely to be accidents but to be honest probably far less than there will be with the gawd aweful 445 rubbish that is hitting the market of late.
    You did what !

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    I don't like their marketing, I don't think the machine will perform everything claimed with any degree of reliability but the basics of what they are doing is pretty much run of the mill stuff for lasers these days.
    What I hope it will do is generate more interest from other companies looking to up their game when it comes to new ideas and adding new features after all not much to nothing has really changed in this industry for many years.....more power and a little more availability of wavelengths but not really much else. Galvo's and Gantry machines have been around for decades and the methodology of how a laser does what it does is all pretty much the same.
    I'm wondering if the thing that will really do that is Rockler selling FSLs. Depends a lot on FSL upping their customer support game, but they pretty much have to if they want to keep the Rockler retail conduit open.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.

Dave your such a witty character you always make me
    Quote Originally Posted by David Somers View Post
    Ohhhhhh we know Bert! We know! You ordered at least one, if not two as soon as they allowed pre-orders. Now you are sweating out their production process!!! To paraphrase Lady Gertrude in Hamlet, "Bert doth protest too much, methinks!" <very wicked, teasing grin>
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Well I did buy a you know what back in 2012 and we all know what a disaster that was for me. But I smartened up and listened to those who know like Mr Sheldrake ( TY Dave) and now have a decent laser.

Oh sorry Matt you have a you know what but I think you got a good one

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McCoy View Post
    You mean you didn't buy a Basic and a Pro just to whine about them on the internet for years?

BTW, I don't think you're stupid.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Well it seems now here anyway we are seeing the results of a dumping on eBay ultra-cheap 40, 50 and now 60 watt machines. Customer gets them, they don't work out of the box. Seller offers a money back guarantee only if the laser is returned to China.... but it was shipped from USA. New boat anchor owner comes here to get it running. A $300 machine as advertised is not going to make it. I own both a 3D printer and a laser.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Well it seems now here anyway we are seeing the results of a dumping on eBay ultra-cheap 40, 50 and now 60 watt machines. Customer gets them, they don't work out of the box. Seller offers a money back guarantee only if the laser is returned to China.... but it was shipped from USA.
    Eh? I was under the impression the eBay/Paypal policies boiled down to, you only have to get it back to the seller..."shipped from USA" implies a US-based seller.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    Well it seems now here anyway we are seeing the results of a dumping on eBay ultra-cheap 40, 50 and now 60 watt machines. Customer gets them, they don't work out of the box. Seller offers a money back guarantee only if the laser is returned to China.... but it was shipped from USA. New boat anchor owner comes here to get it running. A $300 machine as advertised is not going to make it. I own both a 3D printer and a laser.
    yup, companies are making clones of the Redsail X700 in the same colours using whatever parts are around at the time, those and the K40 are the source of most help questions I get
    You did what !