Page 61 of 118 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Thread: Glowforge release

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McCoy View Post
    How did you get 80%?
    From a different sheet of delivered machines

Surprised to read this - I though you didn't want to be associated with the GF in any way.
    I don't, I'm helping a cop buddy out who hasn't got much time to be working on a facebook group at the moment so I'm doing him a favour

and just to make my day after having couriers messing me around. This morning I got my first picture of a GF that caught fire once the pic owner gives me permission I'll stick it up
    You did what !

I saw on the Glowforge forum that someone received a damage unit and they shipped him a new one that was damaged worse then the first. Also one guy was complaining that his won't run as it is in his shop that doesn't have AC

So let the fun and games begin. Fires and you must have a working air conditioning unit are only the beginning. Surprised they are allowed to post. Maybe there should be a fire extinguisher shipped with every unit?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

[QUOTE=Bill George;2716798]So let the fun and games begin. Fires and you must have a working air conditioning unit are only the beginning. Surprised they are allowed to post. Maybe there should be a fire extinguisher shipped with every unit?[/QUOT

He was happy because they shipped a replacement fast to him even though it was damaged. One person was showing something he did that took 2 hours to do and when I looked at it I was thinking that would take me less than 5 minutes

GF rule #1

When reality doesn't meet expectation ,lower expectation

GF Rule #2

See rule #1
    You did what !

How r U people looking at the GF forum are you owners? I can't get into the forum won't even let me create an account, this is the message I get,
    If you're a Glowforge owner but you don't know your password, just click 'no password' below to receive an email that will help you create one. If you haven't purchased a Glowforge yet, you can fix that too, but you'll have to get out your credit card.

maybe sawmill creek should not let any glowforge owners post here till they become contributors
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 08-13-2017 at 10:34 PM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Fisher View Post
    >>You can ship priority mail up to 70 pounds in medium flat rate box. 65 pounds of lead fits perfectly.<<

Ha! Now THAT is evil on your part!
    Ha Ha! I'm buying! And believe it or not I've had two different mail ladies who never complained about it to me, the first one I told to leave at street but she wouldn't!
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Sorry I had to post this LOL

Found this GF update thru reddit. This is the biggest line of Baloney BS its hysterical to read.
    Oh the super low power to cut copy paper, and the full precision power I'm spell bound reading this guys BS, he should write novels he'd be a best seller LOL

The Best Prints: Full Power and Precision Power

Starting today, we’re changing the way the Glowforge custom power supply works to unlock some new superpowers for your Glowforge. This will make Proofgrade materials print even more quickly and beautifully every time, and give you unprecedented control if you want to use your own materials manually. There’s two pieces to the puzzle.
    First, we’re introducing Full Power. Full Power delivers maximum power to the material. This gives you cleaner, faster prints when you perform “cut” operations. Getting the perfect Full Power requires our factory technicians to perform a careful dial-in period on optical benches for each Glowforge unit that we build, but the results are terrific. This ensures that your Glowforge is ideally calibrated to use with all our Proofgrade materials, all the time.
    Second, even more exciting, we’re offering Precision Power. Precision Power offers a range of power settings that can go low enough to print on extremely delicate materials. There are two unique things about precision mode.
    First, Precision Power is extremely accurate. By delivering a consistent amount of power all the time, with no momentary hot or cold spots, you can perform delicate operations without damaging the material you’re working with.
    Second, Precision Power can go to impossibly low power levels. How low? Delicate enough to cut and print on ordinary office copy paper. For example, here’s a pair of dice cut and engraved from ordinary 20lb Office Depot-brand copy paper.

Here's a micro-thin replica of the south rose window of Notre-Dame de Paris, cut from the same paper.
    image.png756x756 1.03 MB

Let me just say that again, because I can barely believe it: you can print high resolution images and text on ordinary copy paper with your Glowforge laser. It's absolutely incredible.
    We’re turning these on shortly for all production units in the field, plus it will be available from here on forward for new units. Proofgrade settings will just work beautifully. In manual mode, you can set Full Power by choosing “100”, and Precision Power by choosing any number from 1-99. In the future, we’ll make that a little more obvious - our current working draft looks like this:

These huge improvements are for both Pro and Basic - of course, Pro full power is more powerful than Basic full power (45 watts instead of 40). We think you’re going to have a lot of fun experimenting with the new settings.
    This is just the star of the show - you can find more of the details about things that are changing for the better on the Latest Improvements page.
    And now to the rest of the monthly update:
    Glowforge Shipments

We continue to ramp up our production line and are steadily making our way through the orders of Basic units placed on the first day of the campaign. It was one of the biggest campaign days, and our factory is still increasing production, so we’ve still got a ways to go! We’re also working hard to start production of Pro units at the end of June. I’m sending this from our factory in Milpitas, where our team is putting in long hours with our counterparts at Flex to keep shipments rolling ever faster.
    We’ve been learning a lot from our deliveries. The foam structure that keeps your Glowforge safe in transit has been holding up beautifully, although the cardboard box can take a beating. So far, we’ve had more than 95% of shipments arrive without damage. That’s a good number that we’re working to make even better. We’re taking your feedback to make improvements to the package, which we’ll start including on the line as soon as it’s ready. Of course, in the event that you’re one of the unlucky ones to experience shipping damage, just let us know - we’ll make it right immediately.
    Launching soon in the Glowforge shop: Draftboard

The Glowforge Shop is the only place you can purchase Proofgrade materials. Right now it’s only available after your Glowforge is delivered, but we’re working to make it available to all Glowforge customers soon. You’re probably familiar with the benefits of using Proofgrade materials: perfect prints every time with barcoded settings, prefinished materials, the highest grade of woods, leathers, and acrylics, and so on. Even better, Proofgrade materials are priced competitively with materials sold elsewhere that doesn’t offer those benefits.
    But what about your first draft?
    You’ve been asking us for a solution, and we’re happy to announce that we’ve got one: Draftboard™. Draftboard is an engineered wood product that’s designed to work perfectly with lasers. It has the same masking and barcoding as our other materials, so you can drop it in to print or engrave without any worry about settings or configuration. It’s strong and engraves perfectly, so you can use it for anything that you use Proofgrade plywood for. It’s covered by the same quality warranty as all Proofgrade materials. And the best part: it costs about a third as much as Proofgrade plywood, so it’s perfect to draft with.
    Draftboard will be coming shortly to the Glowforge shop. We can’t wait to see what you’ll print with it.
    Pause when warm

Another feature that’s coming soon is the ability for your Glowforge to pause when it’s over temperature. Today, when your Glowforge is operating in a room that’s too warm, it just keeps going - even though cut and engrave quality may suffer. Thermal pause extends the lifetime of your tube by letting it cool down when the room it’s operating in is too warm, and ensures that long prints in a warm environment look as good at the end of the print as they did at the start. It’s pretty neat - the print just pauses for a minute (or more if it’s hot in the room), then resumes right where it left off. The improved cooling system on the Pro works with the feature so it can operate in a warmer room and pause less, too.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Bert, it lets me view the forum, you have to be buyer to post. Ignore message should work, I get it every now and then when I needed a laugh and read some posts. Yep rule 1 is in full effect. I just don't understand paying several thousand dollars, letting them keep it for over 2 years pushing out delivery over 18 months and counting and being pleased you get a broken partially functioning machine. Truly amazing..... People are so gullible. But I guess if you didn't research farther than a k40 this thing looks good.
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

Blog Entries
    Yeah, the paus feature has been there for bit. No one likes it, it will stop the machine if hot and a lot of machines must get warm..... Uh, it's summer and you ont have a real cooler on the machine! Just something was less than a k40 and an ice bucket! Full power eh? nice! Thanks sooner to go out. Snake oil salesman. He really is good.
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser

I stopped reading when it got to this bit

with no momentary hot or cold spots,
    So now it appears that GF can change the rules of laser physics as well when it comes to DC tubes as this is manifestly untrue
    You did what !

Man you should see the stuff I can do with my rabbit. I can make it go and stop, go forward or backwards, and I can build a house with it with all the plumbing and electrical, last week I built a helicopter with it now I don't need a car anymore because my super duper rabbit laser does everything. and it even controls the weather, no more hot spots of cold spots it perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    I stopped reading when it got to this bit

So now it appears that GF can change the rules of laser physics as well when it comes to DC tubes as this is manifestly untrue
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

The whole "pause for cooling" thing is such a turn-off.
    G. Weike LG900N 100W RECI RDWorks V8
    Leiming LM2513FL 1kW Raycus fiber laser cutter
    Wisely 50W Raycus engraver

Reading their forum wouldn't give you any great feelings either. Here's a couple examples from one thread....

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 5.49.39 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-08-14 at 5.50.02 PM.jpg
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Reading their forum wouldn't give you any great feelings either. Here's a couple examples from one thread....

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 5.49.39 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-08-14 at 5.50.02 PM.jpg
    Those are s o special. Send them over to the Facebook Chinese K40 Group there are some very talented people working with a POS K40 they got working and some have put upgrade boards in. They would put the GF folks to shame! Very creative.

Oh and they do not need to pause the machine they have active water cooling and a exhaust system vented outside. Most of them are buying for under $400 US.
    Last edited by Bill George; 08-14-2017 at 6:19 PM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10