Page 35 of 118 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Thread: Glowforge release

I'm completely amazed people still have their money in this thing.
    People are far more patient then I am.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 12-05-2016 at 2:56 PM. Reason: language
    Jeff Body
    Go-C Graphics

China 50W Laser
    Model # SH-350
    Controller RDC6442
    Vinyl Plotter Graphtec CE600-60
    Software used
    Inkscape, FlexiStarter, VinylMaster 4, RDWorksV8

DITTO me too
    Last edited by Mike Null; 12-05-2016 at 2:57 PM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

They have gone from nothing to being one of the largest laser suppliers (on paper) overnight.
    and still it seems they don't employ anybody that seems to know the remotest thing about lasers.

I can see this crashing in a biblical way
    You did what !

The "Owners" forum is full of surprisingly committed people who are really pleased that Dan is keeping them informed of the delays at the last second.
    I guess the real undisclosed problems are quite significant if they go from "shipping next week" to "its gonna take 6 months to fix it" and that's without the issues around getting filtration safe.

Gullibility has no limits it would seem, most of them could have been up and running (especially the business ones) on a chinese jobbie and making enough money to buy a GF in the future if/when its fully working.

Still its nice to know that there are enough people to fleece when my bank account gets a bit low
    Trotec Speedy 300 50W
    Gantry CNC Router/Engraver
    Various softwares
    Always keen to try something new

Please don't steal - the government hates competition

Why is "shipping/delivery" still even a topic? The big question in my mind is which major (real) laser company is going to buy them out and utilize their camera recognition technology? I have 3 useless cameras in my Fusion, just waiting for this type of technology.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Bateson View Post
    Why is "shipping/delivery" still even a topic? The big question in my mind is which major (real) laser company is going to buy them out and utilize their camera recognition technology? I have 3 useless cameras in my Fusion, just waiting for this type of technology.
    Interesting Tim. What do you mean by useless?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Morris View Post
    The "Owners" forum is full of surprisingly committed people who are really pleased that Dan is keeping them informed of the delays at the last second. .....
    LOL, show them something that looks beautiful to them and they swallow everything. Reminds me of Apple fanboys and -girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Morris View Post
    The "Owners" forum is full of surprisingly committed people who are really pleased that Dan is keeping them informed of the delays at the last second.
    That's probably because as soon as you request a refund they disable your forum account. Before they issue the refund. No dissenting voices are allowed in there unless they keep their $4,000 on the line.

From Reddit:

After emailing support, I received the automated reply from Zendesk. This morning I received a new message from glowforge, which I assumed would be regarding the refund. Instead, it was a deactivation message of my forum account.

So they've removed my account before processing the refund, or notifing me the process has begun. Not sure what that says, I just found the order of operations interesting.

more comments from Reddit
    I also cancelled and found the order of operations understandable, but still off-putting. The extremes of comments for folks that are still able to add comments to the forum swing from wildly optimistic to vulgar and negative. At best those of us that just are concerned about safeguarding our money got a bit of a negative hit with that email.

I agree, it was very off-putting. Cancel and the yank the plug and treat you as if you never contributed to the forum. Not an encouraging way of treating people.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 12-06-2016 at 12:25 PM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    I would LOVE to read the posts that have been removed. I didn't see any of these until the last announcement, but there are a bunch of them. But you guys are right, a LOT of gullible people out there. Latest was a Patent speculation - supposedly for the removable laser head!!!! Most probably some software, as that's how they are being significantly different. Oh, and such a glowing review of a 2.5" diameter wood engraving! Wow! If I take out the shipping and import fees portion of my 1300x900 machine cost, I'm in it for less than the 'Pro' version. Still amazing that Anyone is waiting!
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    I agree, it was very off-putting. Cancel and the yank the plug and treat you as if you never contributed to the forum. Not an encouraging way of treating people.
    So they are no longer a customer but they still want access to the customer forum? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But then again, I don't credit any of their customers as having much in the way of good sense...

And I wonder if the Positive people on there are being compensated for sticking around and posting good things? I am just guessing but I bet the principles in the business are preparing for a bankruptcy by distributing cash or transferring it out of the funds.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Think this pretty much covers it

Post Purchase Rationalization... is a cognitive bias whereby someone who has purchased an expensive product or service overlooks any faults or defects in order to justify their purchase. It is a special case of choice-supportive bias.

For example, a consumer cannot decide between two popular video game consoles, but in the end decides to purchase the one that many of their peers also own. After purchasing it, they may find few games for their console worth purchasing, and more for the console they did not purchase. However, they do not wish to feel they made the wrong decision, and so will attempt to convince themselves, and their peers, that their original choice was the correct one, and the consumer's opinion is better than everyone's opinion, i.e. using sour grapes arguments.
    You did what !

My refund came through today. Time to start putting together cash for a Trotec or ULS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Hilton View Post
    My refund came through today. Time to start putting together cash for a Trotec or ULS.
    My bet is that you'll decide, order, it will arrive, you will make money, all before Glowfarce even ships one "production" laser - or about the time they go bankrupt...