Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A No. 4 infill in the ornereriest wood ever to make a good plan gang aft agley

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chase View Post
    I had the same thought but held back because I assumed Juan had arrived at some sort of understanding with your customer.

Given the fragility of the wood and the geometry I agree with George that that plane would be risky as a daily user. If you arrived at an understanding with your customer (you mentioned that they supplied the snakewood, so I'm guessing you had a chat about just how nasty that stuff is) then that's one thing, but like George I would be leery of selling something like that without caveats.
    Patrick - Thanks for the cautionary note. I believe my client understands the risks, as do I. I've been pushing the design envelope since I made my first plane four years ago next month. I may well have pushed it too far this time; to be sure, there were moments when I thought the game was over with the snakewood. So far, however, no one has sent a plane back for repairs. Should that happen, I will happily repair it if I can, replace it if I must.

Juan - That is ART!!! Beyond beautiful. I, too, worry about the ultra thin areas on the tote but, Boy Howdy, that plane is gorgeous.