Thread: New Workbench

New Workbench

I threw my old workbench away in 2013 because my tools were moving to storage, I didn't love it, and I didn't want to pay to store it. I finally got around to building a new one. The top has a 9 inch space between the top and a tool shelf under it. It is based upon Ron Paulk's plans but isn't identical to any of his projects. I like the ability to get the tools off the workbench top but still at hand. I also like the MFT like functionality. I made it of pine plywood from Home Depot that is 23/32 thick. It cost only $30/sheet but is nearly free of voids and flaws on the surface. Good stuff for the money. The top is bored with 20mm holes using a Freud bit and a Woodrave router base and pegboard. The legs have 3/4 holes for plastic stops for a workmate from Rockler. It rolls on 3 inch totally locking casters I got from a eBay seller. They are pretty good, about equal to some I have from Caster City.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Looking good. Man I love the smell of plywood in the morning. Reminds me of when my dad had a project going.
    NOW you tell me...

Blog Entries
    Looks great and very functional. There's nothing like a new bench.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler