Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another CBN wheel question

Now I am wondering if there is a Tormek part I could order to replace the clamping mech. on mine.
    I bought that bracket for the grinder years ago at Woodcraft. I THINK it would fit as a direct replacement for the one on the older Tormek (Supergrind 2000?) that you have which is also the same Tormek model I have. They didn't sell the grinder kit when I bought the bracket, I bought the bracket and bar separately - the grinder kit looks pretty expensive.

However, just the bracket is not too bad:
    http://www.amazon.com/Tormek-XB-100-...MK/ref=sr_1_25

From pictures, this looks like the same bracket they now put on the T7.

JKJ

Blog Entries
    John, thanks for the Amazon link. I found one on the Tormek site too. The Amazon price is very reasonable and I may order it just to see if it fits. Even if the part does not fit as is I may be able to adapt it or the parts to what I have. I am still just a little reluctant as I have wasted a good deal of time & effort trying to get the @#$@#$ thing to work ;-) On the other hand, if I can finally get something out of that investment...

Back to the OP's question, maybe it is clearer why I have some reason to caution people about the need for precise alignment of the Tormek XB-100 & BGM100 universal tool rest brackets to the wheel.
    Last edited by Mike Holbrook; 01-03-2016 at 12:46 AM.

Followup: upgraded Tormek bracket

I can wiggle the bar, with the thumb on the end as shown, by at least 1/4-3/8"
    Yours must be REALLY sloppy. I could move mine 1/16" at the most.

Regardless, I got the updated bracket today through Amazon. Sixty seconds with a T25 torx driver and the bar is now rock solid. The new one is a casting instead of an extrusion. The holes lined up perfectly. I think you would be happy with this.

tormek_bracket.jpg

JKJ