Thread: Creek running very slowly for me this morning

Creek running very slowly for me this morning

Is anyone else having this problem? Seems to be an intermittent problem, happening on and off this morning.
    Fred
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 01-05-2016 at 5:16 AM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Fred,

Its two hours after the time you experienced a slowdown but everything seems to be running fine now. I'm not sure what happened but you can check the main page the next time you experience a slowdown for the number of people logged in, if the number is over 4000 it is normally search bots crawling our forums.

Aaron Koehl has made some adjustments to prevent this from happening but it seems that it only takes a few days for the bots to adjust their attack and hit us again. He is looking for a permanent solution to this problem.

We should have our new server online in the near future. Even though it is substantially more powerful than the existing server it won't protect us from the bots consuming our bandwidth but I hope that Aaron will find a permanent fix to protect us from the growing number of search bots.

Thank you Keith!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”