Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mitersaw station

Looks nice. I haven't set up the flip stops for my RAS/CMS bench yet. I have the last 4 foot piece of the base cabinet screwed together and sitting on the workbench right now but it still needs a base of PT 2x4s, some pieces of old 3/4 plywood screwed to the box for attachment to the wall and drawers. After at least the box gets installed (drawers will probably not all get made right away) the Paulk inspired two layer top will get built which will have one of his several movable stop ideas. I will probably build the one in the total station that is flush with the bench top. Paulk's idea is not to make the fence real long in terms of guiding the workpiece because it is somewhat hard to keep aligned with the metal fence of the saw. He just uses the saw's fence to align the cut so the stop fence doesn't even need to stick up. I have the RAS and the CMS sitting side by side with their fences aligned so I think that is plenty of fence for aligning cuts.

But a commercial fence piece would save some time and probably works very well. My homemade one served me well in my last shop so I'll try it again in this one.

I just finished a similar setup with t-tracks for removable fence (same Kreg fence too). I just used wing nuts instead of knobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Carl View Post
    Mike, this was before I put the Kreg track on the fence. I had to change the knobs after the fact as the Kreg stop handle would not clear the hold down knobs. I probably would have made the board parallel with the floor wider and pushed the knobs out if I had to do it again.

Attachment 328754
    Thanks for that.
    - Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Zerance View Post
    Thanks for that.
    Yeah, really, thanks! Almost finished my saw station, now I gotta set it on fire and start over😂😂
    Reality continues to ruin my life!

I need to improve my miter saw station. Thanks for the ideas!

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Good call with the wing nuts.

I love how that is open underneath....

Chris,
    I just downloaded the plans. What did you use for the table top? Also, did you do anything extra to secure the unit to the wall?
    Thanks,

Ed