Thread: Coopering Tools

Coopering Tools

I recently acquired a bunch of coopering tools. Now I need to figure out how to get them to a new home. The plane is a monster at 55" long, 6" wide and 3" thick.
    IMG_4716.jpgIMG_4713.jpgIMG_4714.jpgIMG_4715.jpgIMG_4717.jpg

If anyone is aware of any coopering groups, please send me some info. Thanks!!

Blog Entries
    Dang! If all those followed me home I think I would try my hand at coopering a few barrels.

I met a guy in the middle of Oregon who collected such things. He belongs to the Northwest Tool Collectors. I haven't made it to a meeting because they meet on days I can't attend.

If you are in a wine grape growing region you might talk to some of the vintners. They may know some barrel makers.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I was just in Ireland last week, visited the guiness factory and seen tons of those types of tools, if you had any type of history on them, I would think that some brewer would have serious interest in them.

I suspect modern barrel makers have a lot of powered tools so can't see many them being of interest to anyone but a collector (or hobbyist).... but you never know.

How much would you like for the croze? I would love one of those.
    Last edited by paul cottingham; 01-09-2016 at 7:01 PM.
    Paul

I'll be following this as I've got a few coopering tools to part with also. A croze and some hammers to begin with. I'll have to get some pics tomorrow.
    jim
    Ancora Yacht Service

Quote Originally Posted by paul cottingham View Post
    How much would you like for the croze? I would love one of those.
    Thanks, but I'm hoping to sell everything at once.