Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decoration Procrastination

Decoration Procrastination

Went to the home of an acquaintance who still has all of his holiday decorations displayed inside and outside his home. It's been a fairly mild season, so that's not the reason. Any of you still have them up? If not, when did they get removed?

Ours are still up. Luckily, we live way out in the country and the Decoration Police haven't been by.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Gray View Post
    Ours are still up. Luckily, we live way out in the country and the Decoration Police haven't been by.
    You are lucky. We once lived in a condominium in Mariemont, Ohio where the Home Owners' Association spelled out not only when and where you could place decorations but also what types were acceptable. They fined folks who didn't adhere to the policy. Hated living there. My wife acts as the one who spells out rules these days. She hates seeing the decorations come down because it's a long cold wait for warm weather.

Blog Entries
    Our tree is still up. I still enjoy having the festive lights on during the evening.

Outside we live far enough from the road no one can see them unless they are really looking. There are strings of clear lights hanging between the shop and the house. They stay up all year to light the path at night.

There are still some lights in one of the outdoor trees from when we moved here ~8 years ago. I have never put power to them.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I follow old Christmas . It lasts twelve days plus whatever I add on.

Ours came down earlier this past week but we had young family members here until the end of the previous week.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Still up! I've turned off the outside lights but we enjoy the memories the decorations provide and absolutely couldn't care if others think we're nuts. Probably coming down this week. Then again...

Blog Entries
    All down and put away.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Most of the true Christmas items are down, but garlands and wreaths are more winter-themed decorations and those will be up for awhile. The tree has its decorations off and will go away tomorrow.
    Vortex! What Vortex?

We got ours down a couple of days ago.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Our tree is still up but coming down this weekend. We do no outside lights and everything else in the house is down. We've been too busy to get the tree out but today is the day.

I'll not be happy until the time comes that the decorations never go up. Bah Humbug.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Up shortly after Thanksgiving, take them down New Years day. Sometimes miss by a couple days.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Took ours down a few days after Christmas. We don't use a tree anymore. I tried pulling one over on my wife a few years ago and brought one of my disc golf baskets in the house and decorated it while she was at work. She loved it, so that's what we put up now in lieu of a tree. Once the basket gets filled, we then start placing them around the base.

12342792_10205912139383395_6632107344089140058_n.jpg
    Last edited by Justin Ludwig; 01-18-2016 at 7:28 AM.
    -Lud

Gee whiz, it's only a couple days past the 12th day of Christmas. What's the rush?