Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Homestead 40x80x12

Well we got back from 2 weeks vacation and went out to the homestead to have a look at the pad. It looks good, but the dump trucks did a job on the driveway, it's pretty torn up. I wish my contractor had told me it was that wet still, we could have waited a little for it to dry up.

Here's some pictures below. It is 85x55 in size and goes from 4 inch elevation on the uphill side to 22 inches on the downhill side. It's made from shale and is good and level.

image1.jpgimage2.jpgIMG_0921.jpgIMG_0922.jpg

Our build date has been pushed back to 6/26 due to the very wet spring we've had. The builder is behind due to it and that's ok with me, it will allow things to dry out on our land a bit more, which is a good thing.
    Last edited by Jefferey Scott; 06-08-2017 at 7:23 AM.
    Jeff

Looks good! Have you met the neighbors?
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Looks good! Have you met the neighbors?
    Yep. He's a firefighter with a nearby city department. Good folks. They paid quickly and willingly for their part of the adjoining fence that we worked out details on before the build. I installed it all, so I was mighty happy to get reimbursed.
    Jeff

Going to be an awesome space!
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Before you pull the trigger, I would recommend you give "Bigassfans" a call, they make led lighting as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Rocker View Post
    Before you pull the trigger, I would recommend you give "Bigassfans" a call, they make led lighting as well!

Thanks, I'll look them up!
    Jeff

Went out to our land to do some mowing and check on things. The ground is all dried up now the the pad is rock hard and solid. Building begins on 6/26 from what we've been told. Here's a short drone video from Saturday.

Jeff

We got mowed

We got our pasture mowed yesterday which will help somewhat with the construction vehicles access around the building pad. Had a site survey with the construction supervisor last night and he said everything looks good with the site and he's looking forward to building our "Shouse". I should find out today the start date from the builders office manager, as she does all the scheduling. Getting closer....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jefferey Scott; 06-23-2017 at 8:10 AM.
    Jeff

The build has begun

First Day of Construction!!!

My wife and I dropped in on the crew today to check out the first day's progress and to deliver a large check. The guys had all the holes dug except for the lean to on the south side. They were busy plumbing and bracing the posts. By the end of the day they will have run 3 bands of 2x6's around the building in preparation for concrete. I will get my plumber in tomorrow to set the drain and supply lines for the bathroom and kitchenette and utility room. He should be done with all of that tomorrow and I'll give the go ahead to schedule the concrete crew. Here are a few photos of the site and a drone video doing some flyovers. Wasn't sure how the crew would feel about being buzzed by a drone, but they were cool with it.

image1.jpgimage2.jpgIMG_0971.jpg

Here is a link to my Youtube video flyover:

https://youtu.be/TAGnzs34a10
    Last edited by Jefferey Scott; 07-13-2017 at 4:39 AM.
    Jeff

Plumbing rough in

We had the plumber out yesterday to put in the DWV before the slab gets poured. Also had PVC run into the building for PEX water supply and two runs to where the kitchen and utility sinks will be. Most all of the plumbing is in a wet wall that will be 8 inches thick, most to make it easy on me to run all the lines and tie in all the drains. Then there's another area where the kitchen and utility sinks will be located on another wall. Here's the plumbing plan and some pictures of the work done yesterday:

IMG_0975.jpgshouse.jpgIMG_0976.jpgIMG_0978.jpg
    Jeff

Progress tastes sweet, I bet, and you've been waiting long enough!! Excellent...steady as she goes and I hope no serious hiccups!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Progress tastes sweet, I bet, and you've been waiting long enough!! Excellent...steady as she goes and I hope no serious hiccups!
    Thanks Chris, yes we are moving in the right direction!
    Jeff

Concrete Prep Work

Minor update. been waiting on the concrete contractor that the builder uses to get out there and pour. They called me today and said they would be pouring on Tuesday 7-25. I went out to my land this morning to check out the prep work and found the rebar was in and that they had put a layer of stone dust down. All is ready to pour. Hopefully the weather will hold out.

Pictures below:

IMG_0986.jpgIMG_0988.jpg

Last edited by Jefferey Scott; 07-24-2017 at 7:13 AM.
    Jeff

Concrete is in!

Today was concrete day. We had 8 crew members show up to place and trowel our slab. They did good work and the whole process lasted about 5 hours starting at 6:30 in the morning. We went back just before sunset and watered the slab with the help of the neighbor’s water hydrant. The concrete boss said to wait until evening so as to avoid thermal shocking the concrete, since it’s so hot. I will go back in the morning before it gets hot and douse it again with a liberal supply of water, and again the next evening. Trying to hydrate the slab and minimize any cracking.

IMG_1003.jpgIMG_1001.jpgIMG_1006.jpgIMG_1010.jpgIMG_1012.jpg

Jeff

Kewel video!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...