Thread: Dust Collector Filter

Dust Collector Filter

I have been on the lookout for a good filter to go on my shop fox 2hp collector. Preferably a 1 micron one. Looked at Wynn and several others as I already went through one Wynn in about 6 months. I was looking for one with am internal cleaner and happened across this:

http://www.amazon.com/Micron-Caniste...keywords=dc19c

I ordered it and it came in yesterday! WOW is all I can say what a smoking deal! Hopefully this one will last a Lot longer. I guess I sand my turnings too much or it`s just that I don`t have any other way of disposing of the shavings, let alone all the dust.
    I may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

So you were unable to clean the Wynn filter adequately? I'm just curious because there are a lot of people who have use the same one for many years.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    So you were unable to clean the Wynn filter adequately? I'm just curious because there are a lot of people who have use the same one for many years.
    I'm curious as well having gone 7 years with no sign of needing to replace. Did it get stabbed by something?
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Add me to the curious list. I've had the same one for many years. I just blow it out with compressed air once in a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes it did get pierced and was completely full of dust again in about 40 days. This one os a 1 micron and made of the same material as the wynn but twice the size in height.
    I may not have it all together, but together we have it all.