Thread: Good Customer Service: Fine Woodworking

Good Customer Service: Fine Woodworking

I recently received the gift of a subscription to FWW. My first issue arrived on time and in good shape. My second issue arrived 6 weeks late and in horrendous condition. It looked like USPS got it stuck in a conveyor belt and they used packiing tape to reattach the cover, leaving most of the inner pages ripped so badly I could not read it easily.

So on Monday afternoon I called FWW, explaining what happened and requesting a new copy be sent. They said "absolutely", as I'd expected and told me "7-10 business days", also as I expected.

It arrived today - less than 3 business days later. And what really impressed me was that somebody took the time to put it in a large envelope, add a piece of corrugated cardboard to stiffen it, and the secure the flap with reinforced packaging tape.

Granted that it was just a small thing and that the magazine industry needs every hardcopy customer they can get. But I was still impressed and appreciative of their effort to get me a new copy quickly and intact.

Thanks Taunton!
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 01-21-2016 at 6:31 PM.

Shop Notes (RIP) and Woodsmith customer service is right up there with Taunton Press.

Good people over there at Tauton. I dropped the print copy in favor of the online subscription, used to have both, budgetary constraints forced a choice. Glad to hear your experience was positive. I could drive there in 20 minutes!
    "A good miter set up is like yoga pants: it makes everyone's butts look good." Prashun Patel

It is so great to hear about great customer service. Many posts I have read on this site have mentioned Grizzly, Lee Valley, Lie Nielson, Saw Stop and many others. The one thing they all have in common is that they are still in business.
    Glad to hear it!