Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Medicine Cabinets - Build thread

So clean....

I love it!

I filled a gap in one of the dovetails on one my drawers with a sliver and i almost cant sleep about it. I dont have much tollerance for screw ups or sloppy work. I would start over but i want all the birdseye to match on my drawer fronts and i only have so much.

Your work inspires me to not only slow down even further than i already have but to also stop and think why it is something is not working the way i want when im not getting the desired result and find a solution.

How about pictures of the installed cabinet.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Patrick! I wouldn't worry much about the sliver, it will disappear from your mind in time. My goal is always to have crisp and clean, but I hide some sins on occasion. It's one of the risks of handwork, but over time you minimize that sort of stuff to near nothing, but I think even the absolute best individual makers are still going to have some minor flaws. We can't easily compare to the 18th century or something comparable because we have to do the full project from layout to cutout to assembly and everything in between, all of which were separate jobs a long time ago.

I'll certainly post of some photos of the completed and installed cabinet. I'll probably even take some photos as I trim up the dry wall. Oddly enough I actually enjoy drywall work.

Part V of the series is now complete, I'm getting much closer to a finished product, but still have a few important hurdles to climb.

https://brianholcombewoodworkerblog....-doors-part-v/

Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Blog Entries
    Evening Gents;

The final post in this series is now complete. Please have a look and I encourage you to comment

https://brianholcombewoodworkerblog....nets-complete/

Hope you have enjoyed!
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.