Thread: Waiting for Spring..

Waiting for Spring..

Bought myself a toy late last summer, and got to use it cruising the logging roads up near Bancroft ON in September. I had a Kodiak 450 for a couple of years, but the wife and I are getting older, and the thought of something going wrong while she was perched in the add-on seat behind me, and the resulting injuries we may take, prompted me to sell off the 450, and go in a different Direction. This is a CFMoto Snyper 600. The 'only' machine out of China that could be considered a quality machine. In Canada they come with a 5 year warranty. Anyway, this is my first UTV, ( I guess it's a 'sport' UTV) and I love it. I have only put about 200 miles on it so far.. Our town has allowed them to run on the shoulder of town roads, and the Ontario Government has OKed the rest of the rural parts of the province for the same operation, providing the local townships also bylaw approve it. I Was hoping to get it out on the Ice of Lake Simcoe this year, but the lake, even now, is not completely frozen. It's been a mild, mild, winter up here till the first of January.
    I was Just wondering how many others here are ATVers? I know there are a lot of amazing trail systems in the U.S. and I would love to trailer it down to HatField McCoy at least once. Show us all what you have and where you ride.. And yup! That's my trusty Henry Lever Action sitting against the seat.. Ground Hogs Beware!!

Snyper.jpg
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Very cute! That looks like it could be fun in all sorts of places including as a "pit bike" at the racetrack! :-) We have larger toys for the trail - which includes an old CJ5 and an old Bronco. My avatar is my "putter around town" toy.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Holy smoke Bill you'd love it down here in Arizona the whole state is your trail including most roads. You can ride them anywhere except highways, as long as their street legal registered, even golf carts are ok on the road in towns LOL But the mountain roads and desert trails are the best. We have huge ATV clubs that sometimes go out for days at a time. I don't have a UTV I use my 4x4 truck, more comfy with A/C and less dust LOL
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Bill,

I recently purchased a John Deere Gator 550 to use around my place. I was using a golf cart but the chores increased to the point that the golf cart didn't have enough pulling power.
    I am currently searching for a used ATV that I can use to ride the Hatfield McCoy trails this Spring. An ATV will fit inside my van so I won't ned to use my trailer.

I used to be an ATVer- Still own 3 of them (all Honda's; '87 Fourtrax, '85 Big Red 3-wheeler, '85 200 Fourtrax) but haven't touched them in 9 years. They need minor work and they're good to go, just haven't had time. I should just sell them, but I hate selling stuff. As such, we have a ludicrous amount of 'stuff'. Case in point, we just bought our 5th boat last week, speaking of 'waiting for spring'!

Not that I'm a hoarder. It's that I seriously, simply, matter-of-factly do not like "selling"... Some people love it, I'd rather have a root canal
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Bill,
    I bought a Kawasaki liquid cooled 400 new back in '93. It's a full time 4X4 so it take's 10 acres to turn around in.
    Bought it thinking I could "farm" with it.
    The thing is used to pull a big trailer (old Sears solid steel from the '50s) full of wood for the stove or junk to burn.
    It also pulls a brush whacker to keep the saplings and suckers to a minimum.
    It's been a real workhorse and has served us well.
    When the kids were little we use it to pull them around the frozen lake we lived by---much fun! They've since grown up and moved on with their lives.
    I want it to die so I can "upgrade"--any advice?

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

Nice looking ride Bill. I'm sure you'll get a lot of use and enjoyment out of it.
    I had a Polaris Sportsman 500 for several years, it was a great 4 wheeler but was a bit "tippy" on my East Tennessee hills and hollers. [damhik]
    I sold the 500 in 2011 and purchased a Polaris Ranger and have never looked back. I use it daily on my 60 acre tree farm. I've used it to pull logs off of some pretty steep ridges to where I could get the tractor to. I've even used it to get my 4 wheel drive tractor unstuck.
    There are many things you can use your UTV for plus they are just fun to drive.
    Congrats on your new wheels!!
    Here is my ride, that's my front yard BTW.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by daryl moses; 01-25-2016 at 7:57 PM.

Spend quite a bit if time on the logging roads near Bancroft Ontario..
    A few vids here to give you an idea. Some of these also have the Kodiak 450.

ATV: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...rcHRXXLZU_v-So
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Thanks for the video link Bill.

We should attempt to schedule a group ride to Hatfield McCoy this Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Thanks for the video link Bill.

We should attempt to schedule a group ride to Hatfield McCoy this Spring.
    Boy would I love to do that! Spring comes a bit later here ha, and I haven't updated my 'cross the border' paperwork in years. Mabe if the Canadian dollar climbs back up to a US buck equivalent soon, a trip to the excited states of America might be in the cards. Oh and thanks for the youtube subscribe Keith.

Bill,

I've been watching your videos, it seems that you already have a considerable number of hours trail riding.
    I would think that the first week of May would be the optimum time to schedule a trip to West Virginia. The temperature should be perfect then and barring any rainy weather it would be a great trip.
    The cost to ride Hatfield McCoy trails is a once time per year expense which seems to be very reasonable. Camping should save a few bucks so the biggest cost seems to be fuel and food. My guess is that the trip to WVA for me would be about 5 to 6 hours from home or about a tank of diesel fuel. I would like t be able to schedule a long weekend each month in the Spring a Fall in WVA once I get started. I rarely leave my shop in the Summer and Winter

It's about 10-12 hours driving and a couple of tanks of gas to W.V. from where I am. I would also have to get a passport, or a enhanced drivers license to cross the border now(pain in the butt). I would have to trailer the machine down.. Something to think about.. Certainly looks inviting and fun
    http://www.trailsheaven.com/