Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a saw blade recommendation

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonak Hawkins View Post
    I need to buy two 10", regular kerf circular saw blades. I'm looking for rip blades, 40 tooth or 24 tooth, although I notice freud has a 30 tooth blade they call "glue line rip" whatever that means.

For my current needs, the smoothness of the cut surface isn't important, however a smooth edge certainly could never hurt. Can anyone recommend good quality carbide blades that will take several sharpenings at the best price ?
    I use a WW II 40 tooth flat grind (useful for miter feathers). I also have a Forrest 20 tooth rip for times that require it.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

When I had my small commercial shop going and was in a time-saving mode, I also tended to leave my Freud 24T rip blade in the saw for all general purpose cutting until it was time to dimension hardwood plywood for cabinetry. Like Prashtun says, the rip blade did not leave a bad edge when cross cutting hardwood and even plywood less-than-final dimension cuts. I did stop to change out to an ATB grind blade for the expensive, stain grade hardwood plywood that was for show.
    David

For heavy ripping, I have a 20T blade that is best suited toward thick material. For most ordinary ripping, I just use my 40t blade. All of my blades are Forrest WWII at present, except for a 12" blade that came with my slider for sheet goods. They have served me well and have been sharpened multiple times.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thank you, everyone, for your responses and recommendations. I have much to chew on. I have decided to go with 20 or 24 T to do it. I have to decide which brand to go with. I'm leaning toward (either one Forrest or one Infinity) and one Ridge Carbide to compare.

+1 for the Forrest blades.