Thread: Available Workbenches

Available Workbenches

There is an organization that might help me buy a workbench since my injuries make that one of the most difficult things for me to make myself. Of the workbenches that are available commercially and worth having I can only think of two - Plate 11 and Lie Nielsen.
    Are there others? Input on these two?

I don't know what injuries you have so I suggest you look at the Noden Adjust a Bench. I have some severe back problems and purchased a Noden bench. It is one of the better decisions I have made. It has kept me in the game so to speak.
    Jim
    P.S. I have no affiliation with Noden. They were very helpful in the ordering process.

Either would work well.

sjobergs is also available at numerous locations; for example, WoodCraft if you have one local to you. They also have cabinets that can go under the workbench. Disadvantage to putting a cabinet under it, however, is that some hold-downs don't work really well with those under there. Obviously, the Sjobergs hold fasts work just fine in all locations.

Blog Entries
    I have the Adjust A Bench. I just had some hand issues that have kept me from finishing that project, and others. I think it is important to note that the up and down movement of this bench may suggest special consideration in regard to vises. For instance, apparently no one has put a leg vise on one yet. I talked to Benchmade & Noden both of whom had ideas but both wanted pictures if I actually did it too. I am thinking Veritas Quick Release sliding tail vise and either the Quick Release Front Vise, with extended jaws, or the twin screw vise.