Thread: neanderthal wiki?

neanderthal wiki?

I have noticed that a fair bit of bandwidth is used defining and redefining basic terms of tooling, materials and processes. I'd like to propose a neanderthal wiki with short focused articles covering hand tool subject matter. I realize that the sharpening section will probably get a bit longwinded....

or maybe it already exists, and I'm tilting at windmills.

Something similar exists. Since I can't link it here, google "Cian Perez hand tools" and click the first link.
    Your endgrain is like your bellybutton. Yes, I know you have it. No, I don't want to see it.

I've bookmarked that site but I really like the idea of a wiki more than an index of favorite articles. Something a bit more dynamic, searchable and that users can verify, update or add information. I think Bridger is on to something but it's not simple. It would be a lot of work. One cannot simply copy articles and posts from the internet into the wiki. Articles would need to be researched and written or submitted by original authors who are willing.
    -- Dan Rode

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

Blog Entries
    We have something similar to that in the Neanderthal wisdom/FAQs.

I am not sure if the moderator who set it up still participates at SMC. Not sure if there is a moderator willing to try to keep up with it.

For a while it was a growing source of such information.

Currently it is linked in the "Neanderthal Stickies" post located near the top of Neanderthal Haven.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...al-wisdom-FAQs

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I’d be interested in this as well. FWIW, I put a list of hand tools up on the ShapeOko wiki --- need to do some more work on that.

Quote Originally Posted by William Adams View Post
    I’d be interested in this as well. FWIW, I put a list of hand tools up on the ShapeOko wiki --- need to do some more work on that.
    William-
    Could you provide a link to that?

Note that that link has changed:

https://wiki.shapeoko.com/index.php/List_of_Tools