Thread: Question about downsizing fence on Bridgewood cabinet saw

Question about downsizing fence on Bridgewood cabinet saw

This might be a hard question to answer because Bridgewood table saws aren't very topical these days. I have a Bridgewood BW10LTS and would like to reclaim some space in my shop by downsizing the fence to 36" or so. I don't want to cut up the old fence. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on what aftermarket fence might be compatible or at least somewhat compatible with BW? I seem to remember rumors from the time when BW tablesaws were still being made that the BW10LTS was similar to the PM66 and wonder if an Accu-Fence might be close enough to adapt to a BW.

What fence do you have now? Any fence is compatible, you just might need to drill and tap some new holes (easy peasy in cast iron).

I have the right tilt version and it came with a Biesemeyer.

I have the same saw Bridgewood LT. I put the fence that came with it in storage. I put the Incra fence and router on it. It's some what more compact. My eyes cant see the tiny lines all that well.

Note The Wood whisperer took his Incra fence off his saw said it did not stay lined up. I have been fine with it.

Thanks for the info guys. I found a manual for the Accu-Fence and the T-square part looks, to my eyes, identical to the Bridgewood T-square. Probably all that really matters is that they both run on 3"x2" rectangular tube which I gather is true for the Biesemeyer as well. The cheapest solution seems to be making my own rails but I get tired of every project I take on branching into more and more sub-projects. For an extra $50 or so I can get a set of rails for the Biesemeyer fence and adapt it, like Matt suggests. I'm leaning towards the latter solution but might contemplate it for a day or so before taking action.

Don't overthink it! I used a metal cutting chop saw to shorten the 50" rails and square tube for my Biesemeyer fence to 36" and I'm SO glad I did! Super easy to do. Also a good opportunity to repaint the rails if they need it (like mine did).

Quote Originally Posted by bill collier View Post
    This might be a hard question to answer because Bridgewood table saws aren't very topical these days. I have a Bridgewood BW10LTS and would like to reclaim some space in my shop by downsizing the fence to 36" or so. I don't want to cut up the old fence. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on what aftermarket fence might be compatible or at least somewhat compatible with BW? I seem to remember rumors from the time when BW tablesaws were still being made that the BW10LTS was similar to the PM66 and wonder if an Accu-Fence might be close enough to adapt to a BW.
    Last edited by Jason White; 02-13-2016 at 7:46 PM.

Some of the import saw Biesemeyer clones must have metric rails as they are slightly under 2x3 inch. Close enough that with a bit of work elongating the cam holes with a round file, they can be made to work on U.S. size tube. I would encourage you to buy a chunk of new tube, the length you want, drill and tap it and Just cut the angle iron to the shorter length. Then keep your old tube in case you ever want to go back to it. The angle doesn't need to go to the end of the rail as the rail tube is plenty strong to extend a foot or two without support.