Thread: [video] Anyone love squirrels? Feed them from your hands? We do.

[video] Anyone love squirrels? Feed them from your hands? We do.

We've got quite the squirrel fan club over here at our home in Maryland. Here's a video of my son feeding one.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uzp...ew?usp=sharing

If you love squirrels, you might also be interested in Sneezy the Penn State Squirrel.

Blog Entries
    When we were in Scotland, my granddaughter who was 12 at the time had this one come right to her several times to eat peanuts right out of her hand.
    IMG_1000.jpg
    Squirrels are fun to watch and have around as long as they stay out of your house and storage buildings. They can do immense damage in a short time inside a building.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 01-31-2016 at 9:33 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Sneezy - love that name. I've had several squirrels I rescued as babies, but they are difficult to care for so I've always taken them to a wildlife rehab facility.

I see this lady at our neighborhood grocery store from time to time...

Erik
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

They are always happy ,industrious,and good at finding their stuff. So I hate them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    I see this lady at our neighborhood grocery store from time to time...

Erik
    Makes me think of the Whoopie Goldberg line in Rat Race, "We should have bought a squirrel!" as their car goes over a cliff.

In California I used to feed the squirrels in our yard. I would stop when they started burying them instead of eating them. They would eat and plant many of the nuts they picked off our black walnut tree. One of them liked to toss nuts at me while I was sitting in the yard having a cigaret.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    They are always happy ,industrious,and good at finding their stuff. So I hate them.
    They're also acrobatic and clever. They're the foil to anyone with a bird feeder. Fortunately, I haven't had one on my feeder in nearly 3-1/2 years. I'm feeling pretty smug for having out-foxed the squirrels .. that is, until the first time I get out-squirreled. Here's a Valentine's Day card I got couple of years ago :

Squirrel Valentines Card.JPG

Blog Entries
    They are rats with bushy tails. I can't imagine trying to make a pet of one of them. They are disgusting creatures!
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning View Post
    They are rats with bushy tails. I can't imagine trying to make a pet of one of them. They are disgusting creatures!
    I have two names for squirrels, tree rat and target.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

They are quite destructive around my place...seem to chew just about everything up! Now that we have a dog, they stay in the tree. Now the dog is chewing everything up! LOL! (not really...at least we can train the dog!)
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

They are cute and entertaining. They also are big rats, carry disease and can bite.

I would never let a little child feed them.

I like squirrels, especially with dumplings and home made biscuits..............

Just like some dogs Larry
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

I've seen rats much larger than squirrels...and even some dogs!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.