Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: costco 4' led lighting are $25.99

costco 4' led lighting are $25.99

so cheap now, when i bought mine they were $ 35. also bought a regular bulb for my house, one died after 2 years of heavy use called them up and had a replacement in a week so they do honor warranty they didn't even ask for any proof i owned anything just asked for address and model of bulb.

Is this for a single T8 style bulb, or a fixture with 2 bulbs?
    Blood, sweat, and sawdust

its an LED fixture with 2 non-removable bulbs.
    feit shop light.jpg

I bought 2 on Friday.

Two weeks before I had purchased one of the ones from Sam's club.

Comparing the two, the ones from Sam's are brighter, and whiter in color. I think 4500 lumens vs 3700 for the Costco lights. $10 more, though.
    Gerry

JointCAM

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Harper View Post
    Is this for a single T8 style bulb, or a fixture with 2 bulbs?
    As Jay said, it's a fixture with 2 non removable bulbs. They are actually just LED strip lights in translucent plastic tubes that mimic bulbs. I have 5 in my shop and one in my garage and have had them for almost 2 years. I really like them. They put off a lot of light and are a fairly neutral color temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Grzadzinski View Post
    I think 4500 lumens vs 3700 for the Costco lights.
    Is the 4500/3700 the lumens (brightness) or degrees Kelvin (color temperature)? 4500 lumens is like search light intensity.
    "Live like no one else, so later, you can LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE!"
    - Dave Ramsey

I bought 2 on Friday.

Two weeks before I had purchased one of the ones from Sam's club.

Comparing the two, the ones from Sam's are brighter, and whiter in color. I think 4500 lumens vs 3700 for the Costco lights. $10 more, though.
    i prefer not to shop at walmart

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Wiggins View Post
    Is the 4500/3700 the lumens (brightness) or degrees Kelvin (color temperature)? 4500 lumens is like search light intensity.
    He means Kelvin. 3700 sounds about right. I'd have guessed a bit cooler, I'm sure it's far more obvious hanging next to a 4500 lumen light.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Wiggins View Post
    Just a standard good T8 single bulb is 2900 lumens. The fixtures over my personal workbenches are 17,700 lumens.

Wow. I'd not have guessed it was that high. I'm sure they are stretching it for marketing but it still seems high. Regardless, they put off a more light than a florescent fixture of the same size I feel.

Thanks for the clarification.

I find the Costco fixture puts out slightly less light than the T8 fixture it replaced. Could be the warmer color has something to do with it.
    Gerry

JointCAM

I find the Costco fixture puts out slightly less light than the T8 fixture it replaced. Could be the warmer color has something to do with it.
    Could be the perception due to the instant light, even in the cold, versus eyes adjusting as T8s warm up My observations are apples and oranges. Never had the two in the same shop.

I found listings on Amazon and eBay for the same fixture that states 4,200 Lumens, which is still significant. They also state that the color temp. is 5000K which is in the daylight range ~4800K-6500K. I use 5000K T8s in my shop. Looks like a good buy. If I need some, I'd definitely be tempted.

BTW, the eBay listing was at US $154.99 each.
    "Live like no one else, so later, you can LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE!"
    - Dave Ramsey

I have sixteen 4 foot fixtures in my shop. About half are flourescent T-12s and about half are the Costco LEDs. At the new price I'll be replacing more of the flourescent. The LEDs do appear brighter than the T-12s and I love that they come on immediately, even in the cold, and most of all, they don't buzz.
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]