Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: costco 4' led lighting are $25.99

Went to Costco for the usual stuff and as I was leaving I noticed one of my fellow old guys with two of the lights. I told him I bought 2 a few weeks ago and love them. He then said..."Did you see the stack with a $5.00 debate?" Packed the car and headed back and bought the last 4 that I need. Let there be light!
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo View Post
    Went to Costco for the usual stuff and as I was leaving I noticed one of my fellow old guys with two of the lights. I told him I bought 2 a few weeks ago and love them. He then said..."Did you see the stack with a $5.00 debate?" Packed the car and headed back and bought the last 4 that I need. Let there be light!
    Can ya see me now?!?!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Wow...it figures the price would drop (again) right after I buy four more fixtures. LOL I'm really liking these in my shop!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

The $25 is a monthly special sale price, not a price drop.
    Gerry

JointCAM

Has anyone seen fixtures like these that are designed for permanent flush installation instead of the extension cord and chain?

Look at these panels:

https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/...-high-voltage/

EDIT: Oh, NOT $25 panels!
    Paul
    These words are my opinion, WYLION. Any resemblance to truth or fiction is accidental at best.
    "Truth lies dormant in our future history." ― Paul Lawrence LXXI

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg R Bradley View Post
    Just a standard good T8 single bulb is 2900 lumens. The fixtures over my personal workbenches are 17,700 lumens.
    But having to wear sunglasses sort of negates the advantage...

And so far I don't remember anyone bring up the advantage to LEDs of not having to worry about the mercury (hazard/environment) needed to make fluorescents work.
    Last edited by Ole Anderson; 02-03-2016 at 12:39 PM.
    NOW you tell me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    And so far I don't remember anyone bring up the advantage to LEDs of not having to worry about the mercury (hazard/environment) needed to make fluorescents work.

That's the main reason I'm planning to install LED lights in my basement shop with low ceilings. I know for sure that at some point I'm going to accidentally hit a light with something... I'd rather not get showered with mercury, and I don't want to have to install cages over the lights... or use troffers or the plastic tube covers, which will accumulate dust.

New T-12 have far, far less than older tubes. T-8 and T-5 far less than T-12. You would need 20,000 tubes of the typical good T-8 to get 1 teaspoon of mercury.
    Last edited by Greg R Bradley; 02-03-2016 at 6:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Wow...it figures the price would drop (again) right after I buy four more fixtures. LOL I'm really liking these in my shop!
    Well, they showed up in the coupon book being $5 off. I bought some a few weeks ago at $24.99. I went in over the weekend and they raised the price $5 and are still $24.99 being $5 off, at least at the store here.

These look like a great option if you have enough outlets near the ceiling. I purchased 8 dual-bulb T8 fixtures from www.beeslighting.com. The fixtures are made for direct-wire LED tubes so they are only $10 per fixture and don't include a ballast. I used James LED T8 2250 lumen bulbs, so each fixture is 4500 lumen. I wired the fixtures into the existing lighting for the garage. I'm very happy with them so far. I think I paid about $30 / fixture and I can replace bulbs or add more easily.

More details here: my garage workshop lighting
    Blood, sweat, and sawdust

Is there a way to link multiples of this light together?

which fixture and ballast did you choose?

David

What is the end date on this sale? Do you need a coupon?
    I need two, but can't get there until Tuesday. Or more properly, I can't send my wife there until Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan paulsen View Post
    Is there a way to link multiples of this light together?
    Paul, these LED units we're talking about are pretty much just like typical fluorescent "shop lights". They have cords with plugs and are not designed to hook together in to a single powered unit. For me, that's fine because my shop was original wired with ceiling outlets for "shop lights". If you need/want ganged fixtures, you'll have to go upscale, but should be able to find what you want in the market at this point. But not at Costco...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...