Thread: Air Compressor Decision - Seeking Advice

Air Compressor Decision - Seeking Advice

Looks like I may be in the market for a new air compressor. It'd be nice to get one with a tank large enough to run some pneumatic tools (ROS sander, paint gun, etc.) should I decide to go that route in the future. I don't have 220 available for the compressor. I will have to make due with a 110v, 20 amp circuit. I know as far as tank sizes go, the larger, the better. However, what size tank would be required to be on the low side of this spectrum? How close would a 33 gallon tank get me?
    Last edited by Glen Blanchard; 02-01-2016 at 8:35 PM.
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

Glen,

I get by with a 26 gallon tank and 110 vac. When I use my pneumatic sander on my turnings it cycles pretty regularly but it does "okay". It is not ideal but at the time I bought it I didn't have room or 220 vac service.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I have had one of these for the last 10 years. It's 2hp on a 115v/20amp circuit. I've been very happy with it. Northern Tool

Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

There are some very nice 20-30 gallon units that will run on 120v available, such as the IR Garagemate and similar.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...