Thread: No Response from Lie-Nielson On Backorders

No Response from Lie-Nielson On Backorders

Do you folks get responses back from Lie-Nielson on E-mail request? I have sent two lately with no response about status of orders or back orders.
    They have not answered at all. I really need the tracking numbers so someone can be home to receive it. We live close to the railroad and have transients coming by our home and they take things off peoples porches to do what ever they do with them. I hope Rob can chime in on this. Thanks for looking at my little rant.
    You never get the answer if you don't ask the question.

Joe

The only contact I've had with them was fantastic so I'm not sure why you're not getting a response.

Blog Entries
    Have you tried their toll free number?

Toll Free: 800-327-2520

I am not sure who they use for shipping these days, but some shippers will hold a package for pick up.

I used to do that with FedEx so parts could be shipped close to a customer where I needed it instead of having it go to my house and wasting a day.

jtk
    Last edited by Jim Koepke; 02-02-2016 at 12:20 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I have a really hard time hearing people over the phone, and that is why I like to use the e-mail. I have talked to them on the phone, but the person talked to could not speak up(very soft voice). He was very nice and we finally made it through the conversation. I have one of the top three rated hearing aids and still can't hear well. Matt, I don't understand it either. From all I see from the creekers, they are great people to work with. Thanks.
    You never get the answer if you don't ask the question.

Joe

Sometimes email gets swallowed up by anti-spam software at the receiever's end. Can you fax them if you can't call?

" I hope Rob can chime in on this." . . . . . Joe, if you are referring to Robin Lee of Lee Valley, I am pretty sure he wouldn't be inclined to chime in.

My experience with Lie-Nielsen has been just the opposite of yours. I always get an email confirmation of the order, and then another email confirmation when shipped, with the tracking info.

You might double check to see that the email addresses were correct. Mine from them have been from toolworks@lie-nielsen.com

Good luck, I know how frustrating waiting can be . . .

I as a matter of fact just emailed Lie-Nielsen yesterday at toolworks@lie-nielsen.com and got a reply an hour later. Unfortunately the reply was that I would have to wait another two weeks for my #66 to ship but that was the info I wanted.
    Chuck
    Last edited by Chuck Saunders; 02-05-2016 at 8:52 AM. Reason: typo

You ought to look into captioning service over the phone if you want a faster response than email or text. I'm hard of hearing and I also have difficulty hearing on the phone. Sending inquiries over email can sometimes be nerve whacking as I need to wait for a response which can takes days if not hours. Getting on the phone usually gets the results/answer much quicker.

Google up captioning phone. Look into CapTel, ClearCaptions, and CaptionCall. There may be others. I use the CapTel 840i phone These companies sell phones that display captions across the screen as well as you also be able to listen on the handset. For most of these phones, all you need is a phone line and a modem/wifi internet connection. When I dialing or receiving calls, the phone automatically initiates captioning and I can read (as well as hear) what the other party speak. Most of these phones aren't expensive.....about 75 bucks. And the caption service is free. You will only be billed whatever the normal phone call would be (if any) just like a regular phone service.

You can also do captioning on your computer (without this special phone). Go online, logon and enter your phone number of the phone you are using and the phone number of the party you wish to call. What happens is you phone ring, you answer and the service begins calling the party you wish to call. You speak and listen from your phone and you will receive captioning across the computer screen. Service is free. You are only billed whatever your normal phone call would be (long distance, other area codes). I use Sprint WebCapTel for this service. There may be other services.... I don't know. Doesn't matter if you are a Verizon or some other phone service other than Sprint to have this service.

These systems are great for me. For years before this technology, my phone world was deaf. With this technology today, I no longer need to rely on a family member or friend to help with a call. I can call Lie-Nielson today and get it over with....without waiting for an email.

I'm not sure what is going on but are you sure it's Lie Nielsen? I emailed them when I read this earlier and had a response within 30 minutes or so? Could your spam filter be grabbing the responses maybe? I just ordered and received something from them last month. I got a confirmation email when it shipped along with a tracking number.

if want to PM me your email maybe the person I'm dealing with can email you direct?