Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Monster lathe tools still in up and running?

Is Monster lathe tools still in up and running?

Three phone calls and three emails.
    No response.
    Just bought a nice rig from a fellow creeker and I'll need some extra parts .
    You guys and Gals know something I may not know?

Thanks,
    Rick

I hope they continue to manufacture. It would be sad if they stopped. Last time I ordered stuff from them, it did take a while. That was 6 months ago, I think. Interesting, I used my rig today. I like it. I can hollow all day. No physical stress.

What parts did you want to get? Some other peoples' parts fit in the rig. Just need a shaft the same size.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Iwamoto View Post
    I hope they continue to manufacture. It would be sad if they stopped. Last time I ordered stuff from them, it did take a while. That was 6 months ago, I think. Interesting, I used my rig today. I like it. I can hollow all day. No physical stress.

What parts did you want to get? Some other peoples' parts fit in the rig. Just need a shaft the same size.

Need a new base,
    The rig was on a 16'', I need one for a 22''.
    It's the Grizzly G0766.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bailey View Post
    Need a new base,
    The rig was on a 16'', I need one for a 22''.
    It's the Grizzly G0766.
    I have almost the same issue, as my former lathe was 18"swing, and now I have the 22" G0766.
    I was thinking about building up the base platform with either a solid aluminum block and bolt it to the base, but will try it with wood to see how the concept works. I doubt I will need to hollow anything over 18" in diameter, so I think my Monster articulated unit will be just fine on the bigger 0766 with an upgraded base.I will have to make sure to make a tenon on it to fit between the lathe ways as well.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    I have almost the same issue, as my former lathe was 18"swing, and now I have the 22" G0766.
    I was thinking about building up the base platform with either a solid aluminum block and bolt it to the base, but will try it with wood to see how the concept works. I doubt I will need to hollow anything over 18" in diameter, so I think my Monster articulated unit will be just fine on the bigger 0766 with an upgraded base.I will have to make sure to make a tenon on it to fit between the lathe ways as well.

I was thinking the same thing,
    So if my base is for a 16'' I would have to build it up 3" correct?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bailey View Post
    I was thinking the same thing,
    So if my base is for a 16'' I would have to build it up 3" correct?
    Yes......3 inches would give you the 22" swing. Mine will need to be built up 2 inches to make the 22" swing. I would highly recommend hardwood like hard maple.....preferably kiln dried. Might not even need to go to an aluminum riser. Good luck with it Rick.

Thanks Roger,
    I need to stop by the GGMG and introduce my self.

It looks like they are taking a break. They seem have done that last fall for a month.

............ From their front page ...........................

Important Note: Please Read

We are currently not accepting any new tool orders at this time. Please check back soon.We truly appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
    Many thanks,
    Todd and Michelle
    info@monster-lathe-tools.com
    970-301-4893

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bailey View Post
    Thanks Roger,
    I need to stop by the GGMG and introduce my self.
    Yes you do! .....you will join over 150 others, so stop by soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Schneider View Post
    It looks like they are taking a break. They seem have done that last fall for a month.

............ From their front page ...........................

Important Note: Please Read

We are currently not accepting any new tool orders at this time. Please check back soon.We truly appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
    Many thanks,
    Todd and Michelle
    info@monster-lathe-tools.com
    970-301-4893

I saw that,
    The Facebook page says something different.
    A call back would be nice.

11. call back?

a response to an email would be sufficient.

I called and emailed before Christmas - no response. to either of those, or to the call, email and facebook message I left this week

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Pachlhofer View Post
    call back?

a response to an email would be sufficient.

I called and emailed before Christmas - no response. to either of those, or to the call, email and facebook message I left this week

It dose kinda spook me that they don't or won't talk to customers.
    I'll just make do I guess.
    The gentlemen I'm getting it from did have lot of goodies to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    Not sure you need to go as far as a solid block of aluminum and custom machining services

I raised up the base on my Oneway hollowing system by about 5". (There is no system that fits my lathe.)
    Just laminated up some baltic birch plywood to the right height. Cut was the shoulders so it fits in the gap between the ways.
    Then drilled the middle, passed a large threaded rod through for the clamping mechanism.

After 6 months of use, I've no issues.
    And you can build it in an afternoon, using a table saw, for about $30.

Admittedly, I have large stack of scrap baltic birch, so its my default building material.

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf Vogel View Post
    Not sure you need to go as far as a solid block of aluminum and custom machining services

I raised up the base on my Oneway hollowing system by about 5". (There is no system that fits my lathe.)
    Just laminated up some baltic birch plywood to the right height. Cut was the shoulders so it fits in the gap between the ways.
    Then drilled the middle, passed a large threaded rod through for the clamping mechanism.

After 6 months of use, I've no issues.
    And you can build it in an afternoon, using a table saw, for about $30.

Admittedly, I have large stack of scrap baltic birch, so its my default building material.

Great idea,
    Question- with the Monster do you want to be dead center or above/below center?

This is my first hollowing rig.

Generally you want the cutter on dead center. My Monster Base is a tube with a rod in it that gives you some up and down adjustment which you will need depending on the cutter you are using. I'll attach a pic later.