Thread: Veneer Application Followup

Veneer Application Followup

A while back I asked for advice on applying a 34 x 48 piece of teak veneer to a table top. Going in, I knew that vacuum bagging was the gold standard but didn't want to make the equipment investment for what would likely be a one time use.
    Many thanks for the suggestion of using Titebond and ironing the veneer on. It turned out flawless. I started ironing from the center outward and had no problems with bubbles. After my initial pass with the iron, I went over the entire surface and tapped with a finger nail to check for areas that were not firmly bonded. A bit of touch up with the iron and I was done.
    Thanks again to all (Roger Wiegand, Michelle Rich, Bill Orbine, et al) for the help.

I love The Creek. This is exactly why we spend all the time, money, and effort to keep this placer running as smoothly as possible. I'm thrilled everything worked out well for you, Ken.

Do you have any picture of your project? I'd love to see some!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

You are welcome Ken. So glad it worked well for you. But you know the rule, no picture, it did not happen. Please reward us with a picture!!!! We are slaves to pictures!!! I hope you enjoy your table for many many years.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Happy to hear it, but no pictures, didn't happen.

Wow - tough crowd ! Thanks again for the help.

Here's the pics -
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ken Krawford; 02-04-2016 at 10:24 AM.

Very nice job, Ken! That look fantastic!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.