Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bandsaw blade source -alternative to Woodcraft Bands in NC

Bandsaw blade source -alternative to Woodcraft Bands in NC

Hey everyone, I need some new bandsaw blades 1/4 4tpi, nothing special. I've been getting blades from Woodcraft Bands out of NC. I found them by searching these forums. But, I've left numerous messages and no one is calling me back, so I need to shop elsewhere.

Where's my best bang for the buck?

I buy mine from Bandsawblades

If you buy several, shipping's even included. Been using them for years. They're no Diemaster or Resaw King, but they do cut very well and at that price, they are disposable. Mine tend to last for a good 6 months with moderate usage.

I'd get a couple 3tpi's too... I find them to perform better than 4.
    Last edited by Prashun Patel; 02-04-2016 at 9:36 AM.

Vendors that my owners have had good experiences with...

-Spectrum Supply
    -Bandsawbladesdirect-dot-com
    -Industrialblade-dot-net
    -PS Wood Machines (only Timberwolf blades)

Hope these help,

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

SuperCut Bandsaw Co I buy 10 at a time free shipping good quality blades

If you want Lenox, this is a great place. Absolutely perfect welds.

http://www.toolcenter.com/mm5/mercha...&Store_Code=TC

John

Quote Originally Posted by John Aperahama View Post
    SuperCut Bandsaw Co I buy 10 at a time free shipping good quality blades

+1 on SuperCut. I have their premium gold. I want to try their resaw blades, see if the sawn surface is any smoother.

This is a reputable shop in Charlotte NC

http://www.farrisbelt.com/band-saw-blades.html

Bill
    Bill

I ordered from Woodcraft Bands in mid-January and have not received the shipment. I finally spoke with John yesterday and he and his only assistant have been having health problems in addition to being unable to get to the shop for several days following the last big snow storm. They did make a large shipment yesterday and may be caught up soon. You may be able to contact him now.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

Quote Originally Posted by David Utterback View Post
    I ordered from Woodcraft Bands in mid-January and have not received the shipment. I finally spoke with John yesterday and he and his only assistant have been having health problems in addition to being unable to get to the shop for several days following the last big snow storm. They did make a large shipment yesterday and may be caught up soon. You may be able to contact him now.
    Glad to hear they are still alive!

I buy almost all of my bandsaw blades from a welding/gas shop local to Knoxville TN. They make them to order, any size, any metal or tooth pattern, often while I wait, mostly from Lennox stock. They do a big business in this area, primarily for industrial customers. Prices are good. Some of their customers are retailers like Woodcraft who simply resell to woodworkers.

Maybe there is a shop in your area with the same service. Perhaps contact Lennox or ask around, perhaps industrial suppliers or fabricators would know.

JKJ

what the 'other' erik said - Bandsawbladesdirect-dot-com

they are great to deal with - i was a idiot and read the wrong length from my owners manual when ordering a carbide tipped blade - they don't stock pre-made blades - they are all made to order... I was hoping they might feel sorry for me and give me a little break on ordering the 'correct' size.. they went even further and gave me credit for the material costs of the too short blade i sent back and I only had to pay for the additional material and second welding/shipping cost..

they have great prices and crazy good customer service - I would never buy from anybody else - YMMV

Was just about to make an order, and wouldn't you know... I got a call from Woodcraft Bands! Those folks are hurting bad. The owner(whom I was speaking with) just got around from a bad car crash. He said he's lucky to be alive, but he has a concussion and can't barely remember what happened. The other guy, James' wife is in hospice care right now and will likely die in the next couple of days. She has sorosis of the liver. They *are* sending blades out though, which amazes me. So, I placed my order which will ship out on Monday - hopefully.

Wish them them best.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll remember these because I'm thinking this might be the last of the orders coming out of Woodcraft Bands. I'm pretty sure he's going to shut down in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Zickel View Post
    This is a reputable shop in Charlotte NC

http://www.farrisbelt.com/band-saw-blades.html

Bill
    Don't want to get into a contest over this but I recently had 5 blades welded by Farris. So far I have tried 3 of them and 2 were poorly welded. And all of these are Lenox Tri-Masters, not some cheap blade. It appears they did not use a jig to hold them because the back of the blade is not in plane, and every time the blade make a revolution it makes a "tick, tick, tick" sound. As a result the blade noticeably bounces around inside the cut. I am very disappointed in the quality of their work. I will have to have them rewelded or try it myself to salvage anything out of them.

I did send them an email over a week ago. They did not respond to me.

[QUOTE=john lawson;2526311]Don't want to get into a contest over this but I recently had 5 blades welded by Farris. So far I have tried 3 of them and 2 were poorly welded. And all of these are Lenox Tri-Masters, not some cheap blade. It appears they did not use a jig to hold them because the back of the blade is not in plane, and every time the blade make a revolution it makes a "tick, tick, tick" sound. As a result the blade noticeably bounces around inside the cut. I am very disappointed in the quality of their work. I will have to have them rewelded or try it myself to salvage anything out of them.

John,
    Thanks for the information. Farris Belt and Saw is a friendly competitor. The OP was looking for a place in NC to get some bandsaw blades welded. I am located in St. Louis Mo. So I recommended Farris. Now I know NOT to recommend them.
    Bill
    Bill

Blog Entries
    I've had good service from Highland Woodworking in Atlanta.