Thread: Completed Kitchen Pictures....

Completed Kitchen Pictures....

Hello all…..

It’s been a while, but I have been wanting to get around to posting these since Christmas, and just got around to it.

I started last June, and took right until Thanksgiving to get it done, then a few weekends to finish up the crown molding after I had an issue with the corner cabinet and where the can light fell. I decided to just run the crown behind the corner, covering up the bulkhead that has some plumbing in it.

To help with time and costs, I kept the stove/cooktop, window and sink and dishwasher all in the same location, and moved the refrigerator and wall oven to the opposite wall that basically was unused space on the old kitchen.

There were many late nights and 18 hour days on the weekends to remodel the kitchen and build the cabinets at the same time, but I did spare some extra cash and hired out (to a laid off uncle) some of the work. While I was in the workshop building the cabinets the demo was going on, then I would break from the cabinets to do stuff like electrical, drywall, etc. I hired out the plastering.

All in all, I am glad I took on the project. With a lot of help from this site, a couple trips to Grizzly, the building of a workshop, I got what I think is a fairly good kitchen that will last.

It’s all maple. Soft maple for the frames, stiles, rails, drawers and maple plywood everywhere else. 3/4” pre-finished for the carcasses, and 1/4” MDF with maple veneer for the door/drawer panels.

The finish is two coats BIN shellac based primer and two coats INSL-X Cabinet Coat, both sprayed with HVLP.

Just some pics and a quick thanks to all that helped me along the way.

JJ in Pittsburgh

Before01.jpg
    Before02.jpg
    20160122_103330.jpeg20160122_103413.jpeg20160122_103440.jpeg20160122_103508.jpeg20160122_103544.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images

All the long hours were well spent. That is a very nice transformation!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Justin
    Just a fabulous job on the kitchen re-do. I am sure you are enjoying the heck out of it. Looks fantastic

Very nicely done Justin!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I agree with Bruce. It has paid off. Well done.

Really nice work Justin! It turned out fantastic!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beautiful job!

I gotta' say that I love that corner cab with the double door. That is one of the most useful things I've seen.

Beautiful work. Nicely done indeed.
    Paul