Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New FUSION M32 constant fails

Exclamation New FUSION M32 constant fails

Hi,
    Tried to contact tech support but it is Saturday so nobody there.
    We've just received the new machine and been trying to engrave/cut some jobs but after about 5-10 minutes the carriage stops and control panel doesn't respond.
    The reboot takes 5 times longer and once booted, it doesn't react to key presses.

I tried to downgrade the firmware from 1.7 to 1.6, but it failed and now the machine just says failed to init.
    Any thoughts?

Wow, sorry to here it. Although it doesn't sound good, I think I would unplug everything, and start everything like it just came out of the box. Other than that, wait till you can get customer support. Best wishes to you Ivan!

Thank you, Jeffrey.
    Spent all day today trying to fix it.
    I'm sure it will be sorted, it is just that feeling when you get something new and expect it to work but it doesn't...

I know. Lol...It has been my experience that when this happens it is something I have done, not the other way around. Hope everything works out...

A bit of an update. I've managed to put the latest firmware back but the issue with the machine is steel there.
    We can't use it because the machine just randomly stops in a middle of the job (any job, any power setting, any fine name) and you've got to turn it off for at least 5 minutes otherwise it won't boot correctly.
    Also the control centre which was one of the selling points for us is NOT supported by Fusion M32 (M40 only). There is not a single word about it on the website, even more, Epilog says on their website that ECC is supported by Fusion machines only (not Helix, Zing etc).
    Tried to explain that to the support team but was told to download ECC installation guide and there is a note that the feature is supported by M40 only. What potential customer will go to the software installation guide to check the compatibility?
    It is clearly said on the website the ECC is supported by Fusion machines only.

We've already got ZING machine for 3 years and never had a problem with it (apart from failed tube). We were choosing between Trotec Speedy 360 and Fusion M32 (had the same quote) but decided to stick to Epilog.
    Feel cheated now

Were you able to contact tech support? In some cases it happens during shipping and it is neither your fault or the manufacturer. When I got mine 8 years ago got it all set up and thought everything worked until tried to run a job and it wouldn't respond, they shipped a new motherboard and fixed the problem. I hope you get the problem resolved because Epilog is very good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Epilog mini 2412 45 watt
    corel x4
    sand carving unit
    full wood shop

Yes, I've left voicemail over the weekend at US tech support but they never got back to me.
    I called to them again today but was "told" it could be the problem with my files. I said that those files are the same for the last 3 years and we never had problems with Zing or temporary Mini machine but the tech support guy said: "Well, it is a completely different to to Zing or Mini" so, probably glitches are OK Also I was told it could be the power circuit in the office (the machine is the only device plugged to the socket and cutting or engraving was normally done at 8% power).
    Support advised to subscribe to their firmware update newsletters.

Luckily I didn't wait for US support to respond and managed to get hold of our local distributor who have arranged a technician to come tomorrow.
    We'll see how it goes.

I know Epilog is very good and we were probably just not lucky this time.

We had the logic board replaced today and it looks like the problem is now resolved. VERY HAPPY
    The only thing is ECC which is not supported by M2 32 machines... I really think Epilog should add "40" to the word Fusion on their website so potential clients know it is not supported.
    Before buying this unit we tested the Trotec Speedy 360 and expected it to be faster than Fusion, but, actually, it was slower with cutting our designs than Fusion M32. So really make sure you test all brands before you buy any of them.

I've had tons of problems with my Fusion 40 over the past year and a half. I had to send the machine back once for an overhaul, four I-Beam assemblies have been replaced, the Motherboard has been replaced twice, I had to replace the tube, and I had to adjust the Y-axis bump stops because the limit sensor had an issue which caused the I-Beam to hit the stops and prevent the machine from starting up. That last one was was a solution I had to come up with because Tech Support didn't want to believe that I found the problem before they did...

I've also, in one of my many conversations with tech support, complained that the engraving quality of my 16 year old Universal is better than my brand new Epilog. They didn't even act like it was an issue worth investigation and blew me off with some stupid response. If I have any issues anymore I go straight to my distributor, rather than tech support. That's the only way things seem to actually get done...
    4 - Q1 converted New Hermes C2000's
    Signature 8080 Plus
    Universal 50w X2-600
    Universal 60w X-660
    Epilog 60w Fusion 40
    50w 5070 China Special

Oh, that sounds bad. Specially if such things happens when it is your only machine and you've got urgent orders to complete.
    I've called to US tech support probably 5 times within the last 3 years and every time it was unpleasant conversation. Every time I felt as they're doing me a favour talking to me, every time wanting to ensure me that's not the machine but me, user (I've got a degree in IT & Networking by the way )
    When I said that machine doesn't work and it is 1 week old, I've been told to sign up for drivers' updates notifications (once per half year?). None of them said, well, let us sort it for you.
    Every time they didn't let you to finish talking by interrupting you.

The distributor though (CSI in the UK) has been great and really helpful every single time I've contacted them.
    During Christmas time, when our Zing tube failed and we had a huge number of orders to complete they've given us their demo Mini 24 machine until we've received a replacement tube and managed to keep up with the order.

I've heard and read quite a few times that the Fusion has very many problems. Sadly in many of those cases the "They didn't even act like it was an issue worth investigation and blew me off with some stupid response." seems to pop up frequently.

Brian, you are lucky that your local distributor gets things done. Here that is not the case. It seems that Epilog support is very happy to help if it's a minor problem, but when the machine seems to be a faulty one, they'd rather bite of a leg than replace the machine.

Next machine we're getting is a Trotec..
    Henri Sallinen
    Cardboard designer with a Epilog Helix 24 60w + Gunnar Matboard Cutter + Heidelberg Windmill letterpress

Quote Originally Posted by Henri Sallinen View Post
    Next machine we're getting is a Trotec..
    That's pretty much where I'm at as well.
    4 - Q1 converted New Hermes C2000's
    Signature 8080 Plus
    Universal 50w X2-600
    Universal 60w X-660
    Epilog 60w Fusion 40
    50w 5070 China Special

I get the feeling that Epilog have outsourced either design or some of the production looking at the increase in reported failures over recent years, especially with relatively new equipment.
    Now I wonder where you would get cheap parts from?

Customer service sounds like they have taken a leaf out of Microsofts book
    Trotec Speedy 300 50W
    Gantry CNC Router/Engraver
    Various softwares
    Always keen to try something new

Please don't steal - the government hates competition

What I have seen from several of the big companies is that they release a new machine, it has serious problems because it was released before it was ready, then when people have issues, they insist on telling those people that they are the only one's with issues and everyone else's machines are running fantastic. The problem with that is that people eventually find other users with issues. It's easy to tell someone they are the only one with the issues, but when you talk to 5 other people with the same machine and the same issues, then you are lying to me. Lying to me doesn't exactly make me want to do business with you or believe anything you are telling me from that point on.

Just be honest, if you're having problems, say it, and don't tell me it's isolated to just me, when you know darn well that it's not.

This seems to be the trend with some companies.

I have seen serious issues with the Fusion, but I was under the impression that most of them have been resolved.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Completely agree with you Scott!
    Also I hope these issues are going to be fixed with the machine within the warranty period. Otherwise it might very expensive to maintain it. Also hope it is not a "marketing" feature to sell more spare parts after the machine warranty has ended.