Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opening Wooden Plane Loaner Library Today!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Norman View Post
    I have 1 and didn't list jointers because they don't fit in standard USPS boxes. I'll post some pics and details if you want since shipping to Atlanta would be cheap.

Robert,

feel free to send me the info via PM.

A very generous thing to do. Would like to stat a discussion on wooden planes, as i would like to find an additional Coffin style smoother. Right now I have a single iron Miefer coffin plane that I acquired about 1990 or so. Very useful. but I would like to find a double Iron Wooden plane in the coffin style for a reasonable price.

May have to take you up on the Loner Library type of a thing, as I would love to try some hollows and rounds and a few beading planes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hachet View Post
    A very generous thing to do. Would like to stat a discussion on wooden planes, as i would like to find an additional Coffin style smoother. Right now I have a single iron Miefer coffin plane that I acquired about 1990 or so. Very useful. but I would like to find a double Iron Wooden plane in the coffin style for a reasonable price.

May have to take you up on the Loner Library type of a thing, as I would love to try some hollows and rounds and a few beading planes.
    That's the idea! Try a coffin or the horned (both double irons) for giggles. See which you do/don't like and why to make the best decision for your needs moving forward.
    “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”
    ― Henry Ford