Thread: Inventory Method

Inventory Method

I am updating my shop inventory. I am using an Excel spreadsheet with a form to make data entry.

Along with the typical information on each tool, I also have the location in my shop, a photo number, and usually some of my own comments.

How do others make an inventory?

As I was doing the inventory, I was a bit surprised at the value of some drawers which contained some small miscellaneous tools.

I use videotape and keep my receipts.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Frank View Post
    I am updating my shop inventory. I am using an Excel spreadsheet...
    Along with the typical information on each tool, I also have ... a photo number, ...
    What do you mean by photo number?
    I also use excel and include a photo(s), but the photo is a field in each record.

As others, also include purchase price or replacement cost
    Comments made here are my own and, according to my children, do not reflect the opinions of any other person... anywhere, anytime.

The photo number references a certain photo. When I take pictures I put an ID number beside what I am taking the picture of.

I think that inserting the photo in the spreadsheet is a good idea. I did not do something like that as I was concerned the Excel file would get very large.

Blog Entries
    Pictures and scanned receipts on a memory chip, two copies stored in different buildings. Luck favors the prepared and if you've ever been 'unlucky' with an insurance claim . . . you know what I mean.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler