Thread: Dust Collection Quick Disconnect Options

Question Dust Collection Quick Disconnect Options

I have a 4" DC drop with 4" metal blast gate above my TS. I'd like to switch between connecting my overhead dust guard on the TS, DC port on the end of my Incra Wonderfence for router table, and Dewalt planer to this blast gate.

The Dewalt planer has a 4" port and perhaps the Rockler Dust Right system would allows quick disconnect to this but how can I make the Sawstop dust guard or Wonderfence port upsize to 4" port to allow this "quick disconnect"?

Will have to adapt those smaller ports up to the 4" size using something like one of these http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ection+fitting

Once you get them up to the 4" size, switching should be easy enough.

Don't know how well the Dust Right system works. I use quick connects from Oneida
    http://www.oneida-air.com/inventoryD.asp?item_no=SCOLLECT50&CatId={6CA3B980-BD80-4A76-B08A-A0E3C6E64D19}

Good luck with whichever way you go.

Clint

The Dust Right works well for quick disconnect/connect. Rocker does sell a few options for upsizing ports.
    I also suggest that you get a longer expanding hose than you expect to need. Go up to the next length and you will be happier.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Air Handling Systems has nice metal quick disconnects. I bought some for dewalt 735, jointer and bandsaw so far. Give them a call and they'll help you. Found out about them in Sand... Dust collection book.