Thread: picture issues

picture issues

I need some help from the pros.I have seen so many pictures on fb
    so I realize whats possible. I think Ive watched all the you tube videos,but
    the results don't get close.Im running a 50 watt blue and white Chinese
    laser.These are done on thin plywood.
    Attached Images Attached Images

what programs are you using to enhance the photos, show us the original also
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Also, what power setttings? Speed Scan gap?
    Redsail x700, 50watt & Shenhui 350, 50 watt

corel photo paint and photo shop pro x3 is the software
    no scan gap( none of the videos mention that).
    If I remember tried different ones speed 100 power 3520150923_0905291.jpg

Can you post the BMP after processing, it could be the process itself.

I have it in a file type that cant be sent and the other one says its to big hmmm

alexis 4_ACD_0.jpgok I think ive got it,watcha think

That's way to light and dark. Remember, anything that looks black is going to engrave solid, while anything white is not going to engrave at all. You need it to appear a LOT more gray, rather than so much solid black. The colors will still be black, but when done right, the dots will be far enough apart that they appear to be gray when viewing.

Just my opinion.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Thank you very much ill give it a try, when I get time.

I agree with Scott, you need less contrast, not more. First of all, though, are you opposed to removing some of the background or altering it? Personally, I would make the top half of the background black so that when you invert it does not engrave. I recommend making the image B&W, then using the PhotoShop tool "Shadow/Highlight". It helps a lot to bring out detail in dark areas.

But you also need to look at your settings - you might need more power or less speed. It helps to list these things plus your substrate type when you post so people will know where you started from, and can point you in the right direction.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dee Gallo; 02-07-2016 at 7:18 PM.
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

thank you so much,I really appreciate it.First granddaughter so I want a bunch of engraving pics of her

that would come up much nicer if you cut out the background
    HARDWARE - Macbook Retina Pro - Toshiba Satellite - Epilog Helix 60W Co2 Laser & Rotary - Trotec Speedy 300 Co2 Laser - Gravo IS400 IQ Engraver. - Pcut CTO630 Vinyl Cutter. - Wacom DTF720 Touch / Trace Screen - GKS DC16 Sublimation Press - Chinese 6040 CNC Router
    SOFTWARE - VMware Fusion / Windows 8.1 - Coreldraw X6 - Trotec Job Control 9.4.4.2 - E-cut - Gravostyle 7 - ULS 1Touch Photo - BizzWizz Invoicing / Stock Control / Ledger - VB6 Pro - Mach3 - V-Carve Desktop

Ron

I'd suggest trying other substrates besides wood. I do very few photos but always find the grain in wood distorts the result I want. I use PhotoPaint but your Photoshop is the gold standard for photo retouching. The reason I mention it is that there are many options available that'll produce some very attractive results.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thanks everyone for the help.still trying with different settings,on paper,its cheaper