Thread: Twin dressers project progress

1. Twin dressers project progress

Dresser project progress

This is model of 2 dresser’s I am building that I drew in sketchup. I am a bit of a beginner in sketchup and the model is not 100% accurate in relation to my final plan drawings.

My first step in the project was to veneer 3/8” MDF panels for the side frame and panel assemblies. Curley maple veneer and ¾” cherry. Side frames are tongue and groove joinery done at the router table. The assembly is made a little over size in length so the ends can be trimmed to final size after glue up.

The next step was to build the dust frames which are ¾” maple ply frame and panel with a ¼” panel, Dust frames are joined to the side panels with dadoes.

Next step is to build the face and back frames. The back frames are a frame and panel assembly as well. I use the cutoffs from the curved styles to aid in clamping.

The face frame joinery is pocket screws and glue. My plan calls for inset drawer fronts. I am dialing in the fit of the drawer fronts before I attach the face frame. I use 1/8” shims to gauge the gaps between the pieces. I carefully sneak up on the final dimensions of the drawer fronts with the joijnter to get the fit just perfect.

That’s it for now. More progress when I make some.
    Express Creativity With Wood.

Drawer construction? Nice work so far!

Really lovely design and great work!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

4. Quote Originally Posted by Gene Davis View Post
    Drawer construction? Nice work so far!
    the drawer boxes will be made from 3/4 maple ply edged with 1/8" hardwood on the top show side. Lock joint joinery and finished with 3 coats of super blonde shellac 1lb cut. Full extension slides.
    Express Creativity With Wood.