Thread: Horizontal lines when engraving multiple lines of text

Horizontal lines when engraving multiple lines of text

I ran into the same problem as mentioned in http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...41#post2165741

I am always getting horizontal lines when engraving multiple lines of text (stamps). I tried several software changes (different os and coreldraw) but nothing has helped.

The lines are always in the direcion the laser head is moving (left->right, top->bottom). Increasing power makes the lines worse(lines are more at the top=less engraving done with higher power).

Odd thing is there are no lines if I engrave a large square without any text.

Any suggestions?

Do you have the same problem if you convert the text to a bitmap before engraving?
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

A bitmap is even worse, the laser does not engrave most of the empty space of the stamp.

I will post pictures when I get back to work.

Just tell me what files you need for troubleshooting and I will provide them.

What kind of laser do you have?
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)

A Chinese 4060 50w laser. I'm using corellaser 2013.02 (latest version from 3wcad) and Corel x4 (x6 gives the same results. The USB stick for the laser drivers has 2015.04 written on it.

I tried engraving on Vista and W10.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like once the tube starts lasing, it won't shut off very easily. For an RF tube, this would be the tickle voltage set too high. Since you have a DC tube, I'd be concerned about the tube itself, possibly the power supply.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I am fairly certain that the problem is related to what Dan describes. My recollection though, with an old Epilog, is that we replaced a couple of items on the motherboard to fix the problem. Sorry, it's been years ago and I don't recall the name of the parts. They were tiny and plugged into the board.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Here's how my engraved stamps look like - https://goo.gl/photos/4a7RfmtdZ2ioSmL69

Please post your photos here so there always available for comparisons

Quote Originally Posted by Marek Andreansky View Post
    Here's how my engraved stamps look like - https://goo.gl/photos/4a7RfmtdZ2ioSmL69
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Please post your photos here so there always available for comparisons
    Here are the pictures. Could not attach all pictures in the topic (max 8) so look at my previous link if you need to view all the original pictures - https://goo.gl/photos/4a7RfmtdZ2ioSmL69

IMG_20160208_180455.jpgIMG_20160208_183502.jpgcorel-laser-2013-2-corel-draw-x4-noncommercial-settings-1.PNGIMG_20160208_183439.jpgIMG_20160208_183446.jpgIMG_20160208_183451.jpgcorel-laser-2013-2-corel-draw-x4-noncommercial-settings-2.PNGcorel-laser-2013-2-corel-draw-x4-noncommercial-settings-3.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    Sounds like once the tube starts lasing, it won't shut off very easily. For an RF tube, this would be the tickle voltage set too high. Since you have a DC tube, I'd be concerned about the tube itself, possibly the power supply.
    Dan, have a look at the image of the letter A being engraved - the engraving is perfect.

Can't understand why a single letter or a single line of letters comes out OK but multiple lines start making lines :/

If anyone here has the same laser (50 W model 4060) and is willing to try to engrave a small rubber stamp I can provide the files. I'm more inclined to believe its a hardware issue but I can't rule out the software 100% either.
    Last edited by Marek Andreansky; 02-14-2016 at 5:50 PM.