Thread: it snow fine shavings when my fitting came loose

it snow fine shavings when my fitting came loose

So there I was feeding some poplar through my planer.... I looked up and I saw what looked like snow on the back side of the planer. Seems that the hose that connects the fan on my Jet dust collector to the collection bag has worked itself loose and it was sending these fine shavings all over the basement. Glad I was taking a final skim cut. Looked cool, but not looking forward to cleaning it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Pitonyak View Post
    So there I was feeding some poplar through my planer.... I looked up and I saw what looked like snow on the back side of the planer. Seems that the hose that connects the fan on my Jet dust collector to the collection bag has worked itself loose and it was sending these fine shavings all over the basement. Glad I was taking a final skim cut. Looked cool, but not looking forward to cleaning it up.
    I have also had some minor faux paux lately in my wood shop...would like to get together sto see what model planer you have and how you like it.

What? You mean all this saw dust and chips should not be laying around in my shop???

Live and learn...
    Too much to do...Not enough time...life is too short!

I've always been told not to trust a man with a clean shop

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Ramsey View Post
    I've always been told not to trust a man with a clean shop
    Then I am particularly trustworthy at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hachet View Post
    I have also had some minor faux paux lately in my wood shop...would like to get together sto see what model planer you have and how you like it.

I am very busy, but it has been a long time.... we need to get together.

I purchased a used Dewalt 735..... followed by the rolling cart they sell for it..... oh, and a few parts since, although it did work, there were a few damaged plastic pieces under the hood.

This thing is very loud but it does a pretty good job for me. I use carbide tipped blades and for my uses, they last a very long time.