Thread: Checking Software

Checking Software

Was hoping for some suggestions to replace Quicken. I have used it for about 3 years and it has suddenly locked me out from being able to update transactions via my online bank. Have chatted with customer service for over an hour with no result so I've had it. Any ideas? Would like something that will update on line. Thanks

Ah, the ultimate quest to replace a program that so many of us love to hate. I'll be watching for suggestions, I've been desperate to replace it for the last 15 years (or however long ago that Intuit decided to milk it as a cash cow rather than continuing to develop it.) Unfortunately you're dealing with one of the most arrogant companies in the world, with no competition to speak of.

Blog Entries
    What version do you have. I know that several years ago that my bank changed their authentication protocols for downloading transactions. I had to update to a newer version of Quicken (2013) to get data from my bank.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I have 2013 updated to 2015 so no problem with my bank.

They were very clear that Quicken 2013 would no longer be able to support the banking/card downloads in communications for some time now. I just had to upgrade for that reason...I had been holding out for the Quicken Mac product to get loan amortization added, but since that's still a coming feature, I moved to Quicken 2016 Windows for now as I'm a heavy user of the download. And I've been using Quicken for decades since about version 2 or so years ago.

There are not a lot of "good" options for Quicken replacement out there, unfortunately.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

The only good thing about Quicken is that it is better than any other personal finance program.

I gave up Quicken 15 years ago, in favor of "nothing". The bank does it all for me, and has never let me down...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle