Thread: Rikon10-346 vs. Grizzly G0514x2B

Rikon10-346 vs. Grizzly G0514x2B

Help. I'm in the market for a larger bandsaw. I've narrowed it down to the grizzly 0514x2b and the rikon 10-346. If anyone owns or has used either one of thes saws, please comment on your experience..lm cutting larger bowl blanks and some resaw for segmented bowls.. Both are probably over kill for what I do but what the heck, I want a better saw. Thanks in advance for your input and experience.

Woodcraft has the Rikon on sale thru 2/14.

I am trying to decide between it and the Laguna LT18-3000 series. I was able to see the Rikon in a store last weekend and it looks very nice. I think I am leaning towards the Laguna though.

I posted a similar post over on WoodNet. You may want to go over there and read some of the responses.
    Frankie

I have a great Border Collie, she just can't hold her licker!

I haven't looked at the Lagunas, I've had reports the the blades are a pain to change. 🤔

The 10-346 is the same as a 10-345 but with a bigger motor?
    I had a 514 but sold it when I moved. I then bought a 10-345 because it was much cheaper and I don't use a BS that much.
    The 514 seemed to be a sturdier build and had a better fence. And of course the motor was more powerful.
    If they are priced similarly, I guess I would go with the Grizzly; I doubt 3 versus 4 hp is a big deal.

But I am happy with my choice and would do it again if the price difference was a big as when I bought mine.

My first BS was the Rikon 18"--345-- I think. It worked well for resawing, didn't use it for turning blank millng but It would work great for that as well. I upgraded to a Griz 21"er for the foot brake and more resaw height. Very happy with the Griz too. Couldn't go wrong with either one.

The Rikon 10-346 has 19 inches of resaw capacity! It looks to be a nice saw.

The general consensus seems to be that it is a nice saw and also "a lot of saw for the money"

Check out some of the videos on the Laguna saw. Pretty impressive.
    Frankie

I have a great Border Collie, she just can't hold her licker!

Steve,

I've had a Rikon 10-345 for a year now and I like it a lot. I don't do much turning, but for general resawing, ripping, and curves it works well.

I upgraded from a Delta 14" and the difference is huge. I really didn't need all of the extra power or capacity, but it's just much more comfortable to use.
    G. Weike 60 watt 1630 Laser Engraver
    G. Weike 130 watt 2436 Laser Cutter
    Lucas 618 Sawmill
    Solar Kiln
    Nyle L200 DH Kiln
    Woodworking Shop

It looks impressive by the specs and is on sale this weekend at Woodcraft. 15% off.

I too have the Rikon 10-345. It's great. It's a bit of a hassle to find 142" blades for it, just do a search for that size, they're out there. It bought it 2 years , or so, ago. Much better than the Tiwanese BS I replaced...
    i welded together a rolling base for it, it raised the table to a comfortable height for me.

[QUOTE=Tom Howarth;2529280] Much better than the Tiwanese BS I replaced...
    QUOTE]

??? Rikon is made in China.

Witch saw isn't made in Asia? We don't make anything in the USA any more. Sad.

You're correct. My bad. It's a nicer Band Saw than the piece of poo-poo I had before...