Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Delta Industrial Unisaw

Delta Industrial Unisaw

Hello:
    I'm looking at a Delta Industrial Unisaw on Craigslist for $1,500. 3HP, left tilt, Biesmeyer fence, 30 inch rail/fence, with an integral mobile base. I've never seen an 'Industrial Unisaw' before so I'd appreciate any info someone might have. I'd also like to know if this is a one-off model with arbor, throat plate, etc. all being different than the traditional unisaw. The saw is in excellent condition, I just don't want to end up with something that will be a pain to find parts for in the future.

Here's a link to the saw --> harrisburg.craigslist.org/tls/5397197907.html

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 02-14-2016 at 1:54 PM.

The word "industrial" is a bit unusual inserted in there. It's a good saw, but price is at the high end of what I've seen them go for.

It does look really clean, but I think $1200-$1300 would be a better price.
    Gerry

JointCAM

Blog Entries
    If you wanted the saw I think I'd buy it. It looks to be in good shape.. Try $1350 cash on hand while looking at it....

Little hard to tell from the one photo, but it does look like a nice clean mid-90s unisaw, I don't think mine says industrial on the nameplate. I have a unisaw about the same vintage, with a 52" rail Beismeyer and mobile base, and if someone offered me $1500 it would be sold..

From the comments in the ad the saw was built in 2008. That's what confuses me a little. I thought the Delta's built in that time frame were 'X' series (i.e. X5, etc.). As for price, I won't pay more than $1,200 for the saw.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike P Turner View Post
    From the comments in the ad the saw was built in 2008. That's what confuses me a little. I thought the Delta's built in that time frame were 'X' series (i.e. X5, etc.). As for price, I won't pay more than $1,200 for the saw.
    I bought my saw in 1999 new for $1600 new. If the saw is 2008 how can $1500 be wrong. You can tell by the front rail if paints missing whether its been used a lot. If not I would buy it and be happy. The picture looks to be in really good shape. I wouldn't hesitate. Can't always wait till a bragging deal comes along. But I'm different I make a living with my tools....

My Unisaw is from right around 1998, and doesn't say industrial.

I would think that that saw cost somewhere between $1900-$2300 when new. I think I paid $1600 for mine new.
    Gerry

JointCAM

Industrial..... lol

I personally wouldn't pay over $1k. It's in nice shape, but nothing special. IRS Auctions has probably a dozen on their site right now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Wasner View Post
    Industrial..... lol

I personally wouldn't pay over $1k. It's in nice shape, but nothing special. IRS Auctions has probably a dozen on their site right now.
    I don't a $1000 Is going to get this saw in the shape it's in. It's worth the $1500 and forget the bragging rights. If it's coming out of a hobby shop it does have the hrs of use the IRS auctions saws generally do... Yes I'm always on those auctions...

I bought a new unisaw in '05, NOT an X5 model, with long rails for 1000. Got my local hardware store to order it, I even talked to the Delta rep on the phone while ordering, it had 30" rails, and she said it was the least expensive model they sold, and she included the long rails, so gave the short rails to a friend after I had it set up. Still have it in my shop. They had it delivered to my shop. It is 3hp, biesemeyer fence. Added a shark guard.

There are better saw out there for 1500 but probably not appropriate for you if you are looking for left tilt and single phase. Might be a tad high in price but looks like very light use and well cared for. If tables are flat and runout is low, the build is as good as any $3000 new saw so I'd take a look. IMO guys usually overpay for new and want to underpay for used so if it is what you want and need....... Dave

I thought at first from the description that it may have been one of the Unisaws which came with a second arbor for the scoring blade... but it clearly isn't anything more than a common, every day Unisaw.

Based on the many Unisaws available on the used market place, I can't see paying that much for it. But I guess it all depends on where you live and what condition it's actually in. Like David Kumm suggested, it may be worth your while going over and taking a look at it. If after carefully looking it over, checking flatness of the table and the rounout on the arbor, the condition of the bearings and making sure there are no cracks in any of the castings, if your heart is still set on that Uni', then make him a reasonable offer and see where it all goes.
    Marty Schlosser
    Kingston, ON, Canada
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/apexwoodworks/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ApexWoodworksFurniture/
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkmbvXb44CJ9t17SbHEWxJg/videos

Nice saw, but too much. $1k tops.

Its a regular left tilt Unisaw. Delta went thru a few years of changing the sticker/marketing logo stuff. I have two, one says industrial the other does not. They are exactly the same saw. Great saw btw.

It looks new/almost unused. That mobile base would cost around $100 or more. They come new with a crappy steel blade so if the blade is nice that's worth $50 to $100 new. Bringing the actual cost of the saw to $1350 ish.

$1500 is not unreasonable.

If that is the saw I wanted, I would go look at it taking cash, and offer $1300. All they can say is no. But perhaps they will negotiate some. Even at the asking price,with the accessories, it would be a fair price, at least it would be around my parts. Given time I could find better deals, but not on one that looks that nice. That one looks new!

They are not too hard to load if you take the top off. (4 allen head bolts hold the top, a couple of hex bolts hold the switch).
    Two people can load into a truck that way. A rented appliance dolly would help if he has stairs.
    Last edited by Frankie Hunt; 02-14-2016 at 4:19 PM.
    Frankie

I have a great Border Collie, she just can't hold her licker!