Thread: Building a box to hold my feeler gauges

Building a box to hold my feeler gauges

In this video I demonstrate how to build a small box to perfectly fit a set of feeler gauges. I use a small parts miter crosscut table saw sled with an attachment that allows me to accurately and safely cut the small parts.

Blog Entries
    Excellent show and tell Marty. Thanks! Safely working with small parts is a concern for many folks at one point or another.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Like the shop!

Am I the only one here who "looks around" in these videos checking out the shop?

Love the video, you did an excellent job, looks pretty professional.

The project was great, nice use of jigs for safety and all.

One question if I may; don't you have to worry about the wooden boxes collecting moisture to tarnish or rust the gauges?
    Maintenance Man - I do precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by people of questionable knowledge...

Great video and demonstration of safety with very small pieces. Your sleds are much better than the ones I have been using for making small boxes. Thanks!!!
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Morgan View Post
    Like the shop!

Am I the only one here who "looks around" in these videos checking out the shop?

Love the video, you did an excellent job, looks pretty professional.

The project was great, nice use of jigs for safety and all.

One question if I may; don't you have to worry about the wooden boxes collecting moisture to tarnish or rust the gauges?
    We all like to see each others shops. Thanks.

I've never thought about the boxes trapping moisture. Probably no worse than plastic boxes. But I live in Southern California, so I never have to worry about rust.

Very nice, Great jigs
    Just trying to learn